Champneys Forest Mere
US$152
US$129
US$350
US$277
The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)(Great Value!)
US$138
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
2,362 results
All reviewsthalassotherapy poolfitness classesterrace restaurantoverlooking the lakewater bedshealth spahealthy foodoutdoor poolsteam roompremier roomthalassotherapy sessionsnow roomrelaxing breaknight breakspa arearelaxation roomfull body massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 16 June 2014

A return visit that came up trumps, even the weather was glorious, so we made good use of to swimming pool.

Always a pleasure to see the grounds as you drive up, but specially so this time with the rhododendrons in full bloom.
The exercise classes were varied and I particularly enjoyed the Saturday morning Zumba master class.(with Jennifer)

Having to book the exercise classes, bar the water based ones, a slight imposition as it needed a bit more organisation on our part .

Room Tip: Room on second floor was fine .
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Will S, Group Operations Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your return to Champneys Forest Mere, i quite agree that on a nice day the resort is beautiful and the outdoor pool only makes it all the more enjoyable.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys again soon.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

After a particularly stressful event in my personal life, I felt the need to escape for a couple of days and unwind. Being on my own was daunting, but I felt very welcomed and at ease on my arrival. I used the facilities while my room was being made ready. It wasn't overlooking the lake but was still more than adequate, clean and pleasant. I really enjoyed the Thalassotherapy treatment and the food was brilliant. I felt relaxed and peaceful by the time I went home. Sorry but one small complaint (honestly really tiny) Having been for a day before with my daughter I noticed a big difference between the treatments on packages and treatments specifically booked. The package treatments seem a bit conveyor belt ish, to be got over and done with as quickly as possible. The facial I upgraded to, was wonderful, with a thoughtful professional therapist, totally different atmosphere.

I felt I got value for money and achieved the aim of my stay there. Newly revitalised. Thank you.

Room Tip: My room was standard but really good quality, probably better views available if you pay more. I was more than happy. I have stayed 5 star in London, so recognise quality.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Sonja E E

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, i am so pleased to hear that you had such a relaxing and rejuvenating break at Champneys Forest Mere, that is certainly our aim and i am pleased to hear that the team are delivering on this. I will pass on your comments to the Spa Manager and i do hope they did not detract from an otherwise enjoyable stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys in the future!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I came here with my wife for our first 2 nights away without are 1 year old. The overall experience was fantastic and really helped us relax. Booking was simple and the check in was friendly and relaxed. The room itself was fairly standard and nothing spectacular, though the view over the lake really was incredible.

All the treatments we had were fantastic and we were made to feel extremely relaxed. The food in the restaurants was very tasty, which was good as I was worried it would all be 'bird food' but it really wasn't. They made the odd mistake with a wrong breakfast one morning, and the room had a few issues, but overall I could let those things slide.

The price is the big factor. I got 75% off the cost due to my private medical which made it extremely good value for money, and I would be willing to pay double what I did. However despite it being very very good, it certainly would never be worth the full price, as for that price i'd expect total perfection beginning to end.

I will be looking forward to going back many many times.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your well earned break at Champneys Forest Mere, i will pass on your kind comments concerning the treatments and quality of food to the Spa and Kitchen teams.

I too look forward to welcoming you back to Champneys Forest Mere again soon!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were signed up for Champneys 'Bootcamp' rather than just a spa weekend and it was excellent! The check in was smooth and our bags were stored until our room was ready. We had a lovely room (Rm 104) overlooking the lake and outdoor pool with its own terrace with table and chairs and 2 sunbeds. The room was large enough for two beds plus a seating area with sofa, easy chair and table.
However, we were not there to lounge about as we were on a 3 day Bootcamp. On this you eat a calorie controlled (but extremely tasty and varied) diet and participate in pretty much back to back exercise throughout the day. We did everything from aerobics to pilates, hikes to water polo. All great fun and not at all daunting for the less fit as you can pace yourself accordingly to your level of fitness. We were lucky to have a great group of people and actually made some new friends! The drive up to the property is stunning with rhododendrons out in their full glory everywhere, the lake is spectacular and the adjacent woods perfect for walking. We were lucky with the weather - apart from a thunderstorm and heavy rain for a few hours - the sun shone making the outdoor pool (which was lovely and warm) a very appealing place to be when we had a spare half hour.
Our overall experience was excellent, staff were friendly and helpful, our massage was perfectly adequate, the shops are well stocked with some great value products, our food, despite being tailored for us to lose a few pounds, was well presented, tasty and imaginative. There are some areas of the hotel that are a bit tired but there appeared to be a programme of renovation taking place. If I were to be critical, it would be that the 'old house' part of the hotel is a bit dark and drab and needs a facelift - we ate in the restaurant here and would rather have been outside or somewhere lighter and brighter where we could enjoy the views.
I have not experienced the Spa package but would highly recommend the 'Bootcamp'.

Room Tip: We had Room 104 which was on the ground floor (best) quiet and sunny all day until about 4pm.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jenny H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, i am pleased you had such an enjoyable time attending one of our boot camp breaks, although i must admit i am not too sure that is the right turn of phrase considering the intensity of our boot camps! Your comments regarding the food are particularly pleasing as healthy should definitely not mean that it is not tasty still.

I hope to welcome you back to Champneys Forest Mere again soon, perhaps for a more relaxing break next time!

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Had a nightmare trying to book treatments with this hotel. They have one stupid line for all the Champneys Spa's that you stay on hold for over an hr to get through to someone. Once all bookings and treatments done we were looking forward to a great relaxing 5 star experience. I am afraid the name and the star rating did not live upto expectation. Yes the treatments and classes were lovely, but I have been to 3 start hotels with similar or even better treatment rooms. The hotel rooms were 3 star standard and have probably not been refurbished for a very long time as the bath tab and shower are still the old style where you have to do your own hot and cold water mixing (I thought this is not health and safety standard anymore).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, my apologies that on this occasion Champneys Forest Mere did not live up to your expectations. I would like to assure you that our reservations team consists of many more colleagues than one and is split across two resorts to alleviate queue times, i have however passed on your comments to our Reservations Manager to investigate further as our systems would highlight any call with an excessive waiting time for follow up action to be taken. You will also be pleased to hear that bedrooms across our resorts are currently being refurbished with Forest Mere's due to begin towards the end of the year.