2,517 results
All reviews thalassotherapy pool fitness classes health spa water beds overlooking the lake healthy food outdoor pool steam room premier room thalassotherapy session snow room spa restaurant relaxing break night break relaxation room ice room buffet lunch
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My partner bought me the Laughter Yoga workshop weekend - it was fabulous experience on all levels. The course run by Julie Whitehead was inspirational and great fun. The surroundings and grounds are beautiful; the food was excellent and the service always with a smile; the pool (huge) with steam rooms and plunge pool are wonderful; lots of amazing treatments - total body radiance is a real pamper treat; the classes many and varied if you have the energy for them as well.

Room Tip: I had a room looking on to the inner court yard - lovely but guess the rooms that look out to the view of the lake and countryside might be more fun.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AnneCampbell48
Will S, Group Operations Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, i am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Laughter Yoga break, it has certainly proven very popular. Your comments regarding the wider resort are also great to hear.

I hope to welcome you back to Champneys Forest Mere for another great visit soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

This was my second 5-night break and overall it's a very relaxing time. However, This year there have been quite a few small annoyances which has interrupted my relaxation.

On arrival no one on arrivals and then when someone finally came just handed our arrival pack. This is ok if u know the resort which i do but it was obvious that some people didnt and look a bit lost. When I got to my room my door card hadn't been activated so back to arrivals. Another 10 minute wait until someone in departures took pity on me. I was told that re-activating the card would deactivate my friends card in the same room so was given two. This is good to know but it appears not all staff know this as when my card stopped working again and I asked for two as resetting it would de-activate my friends card i was assured it wouldnt. Guess what my friend returned to the room from a treatment, couldn't get it, went and reactivte her card and then when I went back to room my card wouldn't work! What a pantomime. I found the staff very curt and rude in the spa cafe and some staff clearly out of their depth in busy times. Orders taking a long ime then incomplete - asked for water twice and gave up after 30 mins when didnt come. Cake served on saucers without napkins and folk so had to ask but felt like you were asking for the world. When asking questions the answers always seemed to be "I dont know" not "i will find out". My room service dinner order never came exactly as ordered always with something missing and on the last night not at all as the waiter had written the wrong room number! All the treatments are lovely and relaxing in a beautiful calming environment. These minor irritations will not stop me from coming to Forest Mere as i do leave feeling rested and relaxed but Champneys really does need to get its staffing, training and customer service right as it may put other people off on a first time visit,

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Theboblington

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and your very constructive feedback. I and the relevant department heads are addressing it as a matter of priority and are both increasing staffing levels to alleviate busy period and focusing on the training of the team to ensure that service levels are maintained, even when busy. I am pleased to hear that these minor instances will not put you off returning and i am sure that you will see the changes and improvements on your next visit.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Last week I had a three night break here with a good friend of mine. I've been three times before and think this was the best one so far, even the weather was beautiful. We had a lovely room overlooking the outdoor pool and lake with roses round the door. We ate mainly in the terrace restaurant, the staff were friendly and helpful and the food was delicious. Jackie and Peter deserve a special thank you. We did lots of classes and the two treatments I had were excellent. I left feeling rested and ready to face the world again. Hope to return with my daughter later this year or early next.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, i am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that this visit was the best yet! I will pass on your comments to Jackie and Peter and ensure that they are recognized for their efforts.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Have just had a glorious 8 night stay at Champneys, and am not disappointed. Wonderful staff that can't do enough to help you and a picturesque setting are the main selling points for me. I am leaving feeling rested and rejuvenated. I will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kholtge

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review, it is lovely to hear such feedback from a regular visitor to Forest Mere, i quite agree that our beautiful surroundings are a real feature, especially at this time of year with the weather being so lovely!

I look forward to welcoming you back for another visit again soon!

Reviewed 12 July 2014

My dad had booked a 3night 4day break for my mum and me for our special birthday's. I was so very excited to have a nice rest and be treated special boy was I disappointed!
we arrived at 1:30 pm parked the car after a 2hour drive and went into the main building we found a desk above was written "Arrivals" but nobody was there we waited 5 minutes and still no one came to attend to us I was furious and went outside to have a cigarette I needed it! when I returned my mother was being served by a lady she handed us a clear plastic envelope and told us everything was in there!!!!! we asked if she would explain what was "in there" she took out a piece of paper and said all the classes and times are on the back.She then told us that we couldn't go to our room until 2pm it was now 1:45pm we asked her if we could get something to eat( I was starving) she explained that the lunch buffet was now finished but we could purchase something at the café. my father had paid a lot of money for us to go to this spa hotel and was told breakfast lunch and dinner were included in the price. we had to find our own way to the restaurant we went to the counter to be told by a rude little women I believe her name was ros that if we wanted lunch then we would have to pay £12:50 per person her customer skills need a lot of work. as I say I was starving so I ordered a sandwich and latte for both of us from the café. we waited for 15mins and when we got the latte is was cold! the sandwich was very nice tho. we paid for our lunch and went to our room.
the room was very nice no complaint there.
the weather was wonderful ( something was going right for us) we went to lie out in the sun but unless you had a preferred room on the ground floor you had to walk out to the grass area to find about 25 beds all in a row like little soldiers! these beds were in need of repair! and hard to lie on.
The spa treatments are amazing we each had a facial and massage, but they have cut down the time for each treatment and now do the facial and massage at the same time not a problem but would have liked it to have been longer as the young girl doing my treatment explained that it should really be a full body massage but there just isn't enough time to do that so was there a particular area I wanted her to concentrate on? not good to here this!
if you wanted to join a class you needed to book these in the morning we went to book for the 4 days to be told that we could only book for that day or pay an additional £3 to book in advance for a class(another hidden extra) and the classes with £ signs next to them cost another £5.
depending on how many people are staying at the hotel depends on how many of the 3 restaurants are open ???? and you have to book for lunch and dinner each morning this is meant to be a relaxing place to be ha ha
advertised in the book in each room there is a selection of dvd's at reception what reception there is arrivals with no one there or departures. after standing around for 5 minutes at arrivals again we walked into departures and asked there they gave us a book to look through with dvd covers in it we chose a dvd and when they handed it to us it was in a white box with a £4 charge written on it( no where did it say dvd to hire)
they also decided to have a special evening for the members with a band playing people staying in the hotel were not allowed to attend. so much for relaxing and peaceful!
I would not recommend going to this place if you want to relax.
they need to improve the standard of the staff and take out the hidden extra's

Both my mother and I was really disappointed in our stay here the staff when you can find them have no manners and very unhelpful ,
the room was not cleaned very well my mother had cut her arm and there was blood on the pillow case this was not changed for the entire time we were there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank debbieandeamonn

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comprehensive review, my apologies that certain aspects of your stay were not to our usual high standards. Do rest assured that your feedback has been taken seriously with each department head reviewing the relevant areas of it and taking corrective action to ensure that such instances are not repeated.

Thank you again for your feedback.