My stay was fine but only because I had a 75% discount, had I paid £600 a night I would have been furious.
- The double bed was two singles zipped together so that it was not comfortable to sleep in the middle.
- There are two restaurants, the nice terrace overlooking the lake and a cafe that looks like an 80's nightmare. The terrace understandably books up fast for dinner, don't get stuck in the cafe, book early.
- The spa felt very low quality for the price. There is a nice large pool with a "whirlpool" to one side, this is essentially a poor quality jacuzzi. There is no other jacuzzi available unless you pay £20 pp for 30 minutes in the Thalosso therapy pool.
- The sauna and steam rooms are in the male and female changing rooms, so not great for couples. However there is a third sauna by the main pool.
- The lockers in the changing rooms have electronic codes but they caused lots of people problems during my stay with the codes not working properly.
For the money they're charging it just is not worth it. I had other friends thinking of going and I have told them not to bother.
It was a cheap hotel for me on a journey home and was fine.
As an expensive spa, it is in desperate need of an update.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Hotels.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Champneys Forest Mere reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Champneys Forest Mere Health Hotel Liphook
- Champneys Forest Mere Health Liphook
- Champneys Forest Mere Liphook, Hampshire