Champneys Forest Mere
US$155
US$132
US$226
US$169
The Trooper Inn(Froxfield)(Great Value!)
US$141
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
2,358 results
All reviewsthalassotherapy poolfitness classesterrace restaurantoverlooking the lakewater bedshealth spahealthy foodoutdoor poolsteam roompremier roomthalassotherapy sessionsnow roomrelaxing breaknight breakspa arearelaxation roomfull body massage
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 August 2014

In the light of some of the reviews on here, I was a bit worried about booking a break at Champneys. But I needn't have been. I found it absolutely lovely. Particular highlights were:
(1) A good sized indoor pool (25m long, but very wide as well), in a beautiful light area (the picture on the website is a fair representation);
(2) Very friendly, helpful staff;
(3) Good food;
(4) A generally laid back atmosphere - the answer to all my queries seemed to be "yes, we'll see if we can do that for you" rather than "sorry, computer says no";
(5) Excellent time-keeping on all my treatment appointments - I never had to wait more than 5 minutes;
(6) Flexibility within treatments - eg. want a callus peel as part of your foot treatment rather than having your nails painted? No problem.
I stayed an extra night and was sorry to leave.

My only gripe is that I was told all facilities were wheelchair accessible, whereas in fact the outdoor pool was not. But I understand that is being dealt with.

Room Tip: On the ground floor, odd numbered rooms look out onto an inner grassed courtyard; even numbered ones onto the lake area.
3  Thank Caroline F
David C, General Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

All of your points have been well received and it’s good to know what we are doing well.

We were sorry that you had to leave and I hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left my daughter and I were impressed with the helpfulness and friendliness of the staff. The food was excellent and the service was great. The treatments we had were lovely and overall impression was of a well run spa

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jan H

Dear Guest

Thank you for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor.

It is great to read and share with my team all the great things we are doing. I hope to see you at Forest Mere again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Came for a one night pamper weekend with friends.

When we arrived at 2:30pm we had to wait an hour and a half for our robes and towels to be dried which was very frustrating as reception said they would arrive within 5 minutes which they didn't and which meant we lost out on time we could have been in the spa relaxing.

The setting of the hotel is lovely, however the rooms and décor of the hotel are very dated and 90s style. It wasn't quite what we were expecting from the adverts we had seen of Champneys!

The food in the restaurant is really nice and the treatments were good and the staff friendly. Mavis on reception was really helpful during our stay.

2  Thank NJC2

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you had a delay to the start of your spa day.

We have a refurbishment program starting in November, with all of the restaurants and lounge areas being refurbished. In-addition to this we have 30 bedrooms next year having a complete makeover.

Thank you for your positive comments about our food, treatments and Mavis, I will be sharing your feedback with my team.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We are regular visitors to Forest Mere however on this occasion the service was not up to the usual standard. We had asked for a first floor room and given 2nd floor and told that there we no standard twins on the first floor, being regular visitors we knew this was not correct and this was confirmed the following day. We had booked a treatment and the time for this was changed, we had not been informed and actually rushed to get there only to be informed it was an hour later. As always the fitness and wellbeing team were superb, classes of the usual high standard and enjoyable. Food was excellent but service was poor, waited for courses and then two arrive, no bowls, no white bread and various other problems. Apparently they were extremely busy which was evident by the number of residents but clearly management had not staffed the restaurant and reception areas to cope. We waited over 30 minutes to check out.

2  Thank moodyd

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. I am sorry that you encountered some issues throughout your stay, I will endeavour to resolve them. Additionally; your positive comments have been well received.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I booked this very expensive 1 night pamper stay for my fiancé and I. Their price was £550! I also paid an extra £50 to check in early.

Anyhow we arrived at 10:00am not to be able to "check in early" the £50 extra allows you to use the facilities early. Ok, my mistake although, paying that soft of money with early check in to only have your room 21 hours I felt was unfair.

Food and classes, treatments were really nice.

Service was really bad though, with a sever lack of staff. I wanted dinner around 7pm but at 11pm when I booked I was only given 8:30pm time available. Not the time of night I want to be eating but hey ho. The service was sooooooo slow, I felt bad for the poor staff running round whilst the accountant is grinning in the corner counting the £600 he has extracted off us. At 10pm I was finally greeted to take my dessert order, "cheesecake please?" sorry we don't have cheesecake! Hummmmm... Really??.. This is shocking really for the. Prices charged. Anyhow, I ordered ice cream instead, 15 mins pass and still no ice cream... Sod this I thought, I don't want it now. We looked around for the service staff but none to be seen for. 5 mins, so we left 10:20pm.

If your getting a deal, it's ok.. Not worth the money. I almost feel mugged.......

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jam_ez_col
David C, General Manager at Champneys Forest Mere, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your honest and constructive review on Trip Advisor; I am very disappointed that your stay did not live up to your expectation. As you are aware the £50 early check-in is a fee we charge per couple so they can use all of our facilities and enjoy our buffet lunch, before checking in to their rooms; please accept our apologies if this was not communicated correctly at time of booking. Your comments referring to dinner have been discussed with my Food and Beverage team and the Head Chef to help improve our level of service.