2,493 results
All reviewsthalassotherapy poolfitness classeshealth spawater bedsoverlooking the lakeoutdoor poolhealthy foodsteam roompremier roomthalassotherapy sessionsnow roomspa restaurantrelaxing breaknight breakrelaxation roomice roombuffet lunch
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Me and my husband had a lovely relaxing stay here. The facilities are amazing, and loads of different things to do - spa, olympic size pool, gym, country walks, loads of relaxing rooms / steam rooms / waterbeds / outdoor hot tub / sauna etc.
The food was lovely - lots of choice, and a lot of healthy options, and we sat and listened to an amazing harpist after dinner.

The spa did get a bit busier on the Saturday, so we couldn't always get on the things we wanted straight away but so much choice that there was always something to use.

We stayed in room 2 - in the old part of the building which was a really great large room!

We only stayed for one night but could have easily stayed for longer!

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank s_black11
Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

I’ve been staying at the beginning of 2018 for a couple of nights, I was deeply impressed with the services offered. Esma was extremely helpful and had lots of patience for new visitors like myself.
Amazing healthy food, with really good classes like meditation and chi ball. The outside activities even on not so great weather conditions were a pleasure. I would definitely return in the near future, it’s a experience that I would recommend to take a break from the busy routine .
A big thank you to all for this great time here at Champneys Forrest Mere

Stayed: January 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank iacob c
Reviewed 16 January 2018

Booking problems online, tried to call but can hang on for 45 mins when I finally give up, left numerous messages for someone to call me and still nothing, emailed, called reception and still nothing this has been going on for 4 days. This is the second time this has happened the customer service is terrible for bookings I will be emailing Mr Purdew if someone does not contact me soon, I have been going to champneys for over 25 years and the booking system is much worse than it used to be. It's nice when you get there but trying to book with gift cards that don't have the amount entered on to them is just sloppy.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Karen G
Reviewed 15 January 2018

Have been on a few spa weekends with my mum and sisters, but Champneys has by far been the best. The spa is amazing and more than the usual pool, sauna, etc. the outdoor jacuzzi is bliss even though it was raining. Could have spent all weekend in the relaxation rooms which had an alpine feel. So cozy and relaxing! The staff were very helpful and there is plenty of activities to do. Only change would be to atleast have the option for 'treat' foods. More of a health retreat, all the food was around being lean and healthy, just wanted a bit of choc cake with my coffee!

Room Tip: Some rooms overlook the gardens
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We had a great 1 night visit for the other halves' birthday! Which if we didn't have to return to work could have easily been an extended stay.
The food was great for all meals with such a wide variety depending on your diet requirements. The room I would say was basic but clean, when all you do is sleep and get ready for your day or evening then it is adequate. Pool was Great. Outdoor heated Jacuzzi was amazing. Glasses are very cheesy and definitely aim for beggineed regardless of abilities, great if you just wanted to try them out for first timers.
Staff seemed friendly.
We overall had a great time, thanks for the experience.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple