“met with friends”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Poole, United Kingdom
“met with friends”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

we met friends who visit the new forest regularly and decided to have dinner here and found the place very accommodating. One of the benefits is they give a loyalty card that entitles you to 5% off meals Monday to Friday. the meals are well presented and reasonably priced. Will visit again when in the area. there is also an area that caters for dogs.

• Visited April 2014

Gosport, Hampshire
“Could be better......”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Went here today with six other family members and my dog.... Great place, especially if you have kids or dogs, or maybe both.....
Location is great, with plenty of outside space which is great when the weather is as good as it was today, we chose to eat in the conservatory where we could also have our dog as it was far too hot to leave him in the car.
The downside for me was the food, which I found to be very mediocre, I had the roast beef which was tasteless, with really runny watery gravy, vegetables were ok but hadn't been drained properly, which only added to the fluid on my plate, not very appetizing, desert should have been cherry bakewell pudding with ice cream, and although very nice was actually just jam sponge pudding.....no resemblance to the almond flavour of cherry bakewell at all.
On the plus side, although an extremely busy place, we didn't have to wait too long for the food, and the staff were pleasant and helpful.
Unfortunately I would not choose to eat here again...... :-(

salisbury wilts
“excellent”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is our second visit to the rising sun. Fabulous - we took a 3 year old and our family dog. All were welcome. We all chose different meals from the menu but were on the table to eat in record time. The food is excellent and also the desserts. Would recommend this pub for a family trip out in the new forest.

Christchurch, United Kingdom
“consistantly superb!”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Well what can I say? The staff are amazing thoughful and very helpful. I visited here with my two colleagues again must 4 or 5 visits now.. we bring a minibus full of residents and a couple of husband/wives /relative from a nursing/residential home in christchurch for lunch. It takes a lot of planning and isnt easy but without the help and care from the staff at the rising sun would be impossible. We always have tables reserved easy access in and out for wheelchair users. The food is lovely and the puddings are bliss!! All lovely cooked and presented, we have such a great time and residents just love it .. thankyou again rising sun.. have another visit planned in a few weeks ..

• Visited April 2014
“Straight from the freezer to your plate..”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

This is my first review on trip advisor, however after using the site frequently and relying on the advice this pub deserves a real review. Basically everything served was straight from Iceland to an oven to your plate. And I mean everything. If you order a pie you get a frozen pie. Fish frozen fish, even the vegetables and chips straight from a packet. This is and I hope will always be THE WORST food I have ever paid for. Avoid at all costs. This puts the eatablishments on Ramsays Kitchen nightmares to shame.

3 Thank JonathanLondon86