“First Family Holiday”

Hoburne Naish
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“First Family Holiday”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

This was our first getaway with our Daughter (5 months), my wife and her parents, which was a very enjoyable time. We stayed in a Becton Lodge with Hot Tub which was absolutely stunning and ideal for our extended weekend of relaxation and family time.

Unfortunately I can't give Naish 5 stars though as there were a couple of things that really dampened our mood while there.
- The mattresses in our lodge were absolutely terrible, I've never slept on such a horrible mattress. It felt like they were budget mattresses that had been in circulation around the camp for a few decades. As the Becton Hot Tub is meant to be their top of the range accommodation we were expecting to have a comfortable night, not a night of being attacked by springs.
- The changing facilities at the Club House left me feeling sick and quite uneasy. You expect a bit of a smell when you go in to a disabled toilet that also acts as a nappy changing station, but it smelled like it hadn't been cleaned in weeks. What made me feel uneasy was how the changing tray my Daughter was on began creaking and felt like it was about to give way.

Besides these problems, we will be returning to Hoburne Naish as we did have a lovely time while there.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SyUK85

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
shropshire
Reviewed 9 September 2013

I've decided to give a write up on accomodation on this site as I couldn't really find any reviews or inside photos on the Ashurst Chalet, so I hope this helps somebody who finds themselves in our position before we "took the plunge!" and booked the chalet. Both are around the same price as each other too.
It's our second time to Hoburne Naish, last year we stayed in a Silver 3 bed caravan on Chewton Sound, which had no immediate sea view and was a good walk to reception/entertainment area. Interior was very trendy and comfortable throughout.

This time round we stayed in the Ashurst chalet on Bayview with a fantastic view of the Isle of Wight and not too far away from reception/ entertainment area. Near to the cliff edge but not uncomfortably/ dangerously so. The chalet itself I'd class as ok and average. Carpeted lounge with an ok 3 piece suite and circular wooden dining table with plenty of chairs and a flat screen tv. 2 bedrooms, one with a double bed, the other one with two singles in. Small bathroom with shower and a smaller than average bath. Kitchen was as you'd expect with plenty of utensils and a complimentary coffee/tea/sugar/whitener box to stop the panic when you realise you have none with you! All rooms and bedding were very clean and tidy. Nothing to brag about but just average and clean accomodation in a cracking location. Suited us fine.

Undecided as to whether we go for another caravan or chalet again next time. They both had their pros and cons.

We shall return next year as we've enjoyed our stay here both times we've been. My only disappointment was that they've introduced a charge for the tennis courts. It was free last year. £2 for half an hour or £4 for an hour. I saw nobody on them at any time which was a shame as I'd taken our rackets with a game or two in mind, but wasn't prepared to pay for the privilege to be honest, so unused they will remain.......

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
10 Thank happygoluckyuk66
Llanelli
Reviewed 9 September 2013

such a nice park has everyting you need for a great holiday, from entertaining the kids, to having complete peace and quiet. i love this park and wouldnt hesitate to return in the near future. i thought hampshire was very posh and some places were too posh with their attitues. the park tho is worth a visit. very clean, thought the culbhouse was too small, if youre not there at 6pm forget having a seat and that;s not fair on those who just want to go up later for the entertainment.

1 Thank SARREES R
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 September 2013

This is my second time at Hoburne Naish, and I have also recently stayed at Hoburne Torbay. I have to say that I will most definitely not be going back. The site looks bleak - no flowers, few trees and very dated. The miniature golf is just a stretch of tarmac. The lady who "greeted" us in reception was rude and disinterested and one of the ladies who worked in the shop looked so fed up I felt almost rude interrupting her misery to pay for our things. On the plus side, the other staff at reception we spoke to were lovely, one of the ladies in the shop was brilliant with my little boy, the bar staff were fantastic and the security guards were always jolly! I just feel that while they are extending the site near the path to the beach, the rest feels like it's back in the 60's. It looks tired, and felt very unwelcoming. While we were there we nipped along the road to Shorefields where I used to stay as a child and it was a different world - modern, clean and full of colour. I know where I'll be spending my holiday next year :)

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank jane w
Cranbrook, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 September 2013

This was the second time we visited Hoburne Naish. First time we went in October a couple of years ago, and had a Becton Lodge (Absolutely amazing). This time we went in peak season (August) and stayed in the silver caravan. Lovely and clean /new, beds not very comfortable, twin bedroom not really suitable for adults, just kids. The indoor pools were great and not too busy, steam room and sauna was a real treat. We walked down to the beach every other evening and it was beautiful and had a lovely view of the Isle of Wight. Very friendly staff, pub /restaurant a bit pricey for what you get. Kids club and entertainment good. The on site shop was very well stocked and reasonably priced. Laundrette great with ioning boards and irons too. There is an amazing Indian Restaurant 5 min drive away which is well worth trying. We had a lovely holiday!! :) Definately recommend. Lots for kids and adults too.

Room Tip: If you can afford a lodge, go for it, but caravans are good value , lovely and clean just the beds a...
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2013

Stayed in a lodge for a week. Brilliant facilities. Very clean. Lots to do indoors and out. Plenty of entertainment if you want ii. Location great for beach and access. Bus stop close if need be. Plenty of places to visit within short car journey. Felt very safe and relaxed. A little expensive though but would definitely go again.

Room Tip: Variety of accommodation for various prices.
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Self contained flat - old fashioned rather like student accommodation. No towels, soap and a sixties kitchenette fittings. Reasonable entertainment hi de hi fashion in the bar area. Very average bar food although not expensive. Swimming pool in door and outdoor acceptable. The campus needs modernisation.

2 Thank scandic5
#25 of 66 in Bournemouth
Village Hotel Bournemouth
Village Hotel Bournemouth
#31 of 66 in Bournemouth

Been to Hoburne Naish? Share your experiences!