“I think I nearly love Hoburne as much as my children! x”
Review of Hoburne Naish

Hoburne Naish
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have just got back from a fantastic week at Hoburne Naish with my two little girls and a minibus full of friends.
Naish is in a fantastic location and during the week I took my girls to Southampton (they love the Disney shop) and we all went to Brockenhurst which is a 20 minute drive away. The cake shop there is amazing and the children had a great time paddling in the river that ran across the road. We also ventured down to the beach one afternoon and the children enjoyed making models out of the clay from the cliff and swimming/surfing in the sea! I myself swam in the sea for the first time in 20 years, it was lovely!
Onto Hoburne Naish itself, my girls loved the swimming pools and would have gone three times a day if I allowed it. The lifeguards were always smiling and happy to help.
During the day there was plenty to keep the children entertained from the arcades, grabber machines (seem to have acquired at least 25 new cuddly friends this week) to Sammy Squad and the various challenges held each day which varied from Quizzes, Scavenger Hunt, Dance Workshop, Crazy Golf etc. They also held Tween and Adult competitions such as pool, Wii Challenge, Bowling etc. This gave the whole family a chance to win points for their various teams and if successful a trip on stage during the evening to meet Sammy the Seahorse and be presented with a certificate and badges :)
The reception staff were amazing and were a great help as when we arrived on our first day it was hotter than expected and as my daughter is a diabetic I needed help with keeping the insulin cool. They couldn't have been more helpful!
The accomodation was a chalet closely located next to the clubhouse which is fantastic for me as my 4 year old isnt a fan of walking too far!
As for the entertainment staff, this year has been my favourite team ever!
Dave, Laura, Kevin, Shelley, Matt and Anna are amazing. My 7 year old enjoyed the week so much that she presented each entertainer with their own special certificate from the week as a thank you. You don't realise how wonderful you all are.
I loved our holiday and the week flew by far too quickly! Thank you for giving me a lot of happy memories Naish! Am already looking at booking up for easter!!! x

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
HoburneHolidays, Guest Relations Manager at Hoburne Naish, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2014

Thanks for your great review, we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This was our 4th visit since 2004. This time due to availability we tried out the Gold 'A' 2 bed caravan having previously stayed a log cabin.
We were very pleased with the caravan and found the surroundings quiet at night.
The clubhouse was around a 300yard walk so I would recommend bringing a cycle for making frequent visits to the shop etc especially if you're further away from the complex.
My daughter who is 12 enjoyed the swimming pool daily. I also liked the steam room and sauna and although I didn't use the fitness centre it looked well equipped.
She also enjoyed the kids entertainment and junior bingo.
The Smugglers Retreat we dined in twice and enjoyed the meals on both occasions. There are plenty of tables.
It's obviously busy with families with kids running around even after 10pm.
There are some great views of the sea and beach from the cliff edge and to the east and west of the site.
We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Just back from a week's holiday here, and I just had the most fabulous time. I came down with several family and friends, who all said they had the best holiday. I would especially like to thank the lady on reception who couldn't have been more helpful when I explained that we had a diabetic 4 year old who needed her medication to be kept in a fridge, she said she would let me know as soon as we were able to check in, and could keep it stored in a fridge upstairs until then, fantastic service, thank you!
We stayed in the same chalet as last year, which although basic had everything we needed to sleep and eat and wash! It was directly opposite reception so the perfect location for us.
We made use of the 3 swimming pools, which were kept very clean, and although the outside pool was a tad cold it was a nice depth as most of the kids i was with could touch the bottom. I even managed to get in the sauna a couple of times which again was nice and clean.
We made use of all of the entertainment on offer, from Sammy's squad in the morning, to activities at lunchtime including bowling, pool, and crazy golf, all of which i was hopeless at, but was good fun! And a good way to meet and make friends with other holiday makers. The Kids particularly enjoyed the Turtle V Lobsters challenge and really enjoyed earning points for our team the Turtles.
The evening entertainment was just fab, the entertainment staff lead by Dave (the nicest, funniest man, who all the kids just adore), with Laura (just a total sweetheart who cannot do enough for the holiday makers) Shelly (who the kids love and a saint for trying to teach me to dance!) Matt (just crazy, but in the best possible way way), Kevin (who we didn't see enough of, but just is amazing) and the new temporary member Anna (who is lovely and did the most awesome singing on Tuesday, she is going to be a star). They coped amazingly well with a staff illness meaning cabarets had to be shuffled around a bit, but that didn't matter.The 2 girls that were in my Chalet, Amber 7 and Daisy 4 enjoyed the team show 'fright night' the most closely followed by Dave's magic show (I don't think i have ever seen Amber laugh so much!!). The kids also loved it when Sammy, Larry and Tommy were out, although they weren't so keen on captain smuggles!!
All in all a fantastic week, so much so that we were hoping to win the lottery Friday night so we could stay for another week!! No such luck sadly.
Thanks Team Naish.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thanks for your great review!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Just returned from a weeks stay at Hoburne Naish. This year we were accompanied by several friends and family ranging from 4 years - 66 years old. We were able to cover all of the challenges that most holiday makers could throw at a holiday park - from a disabled traveller, a recently diagnosed medical problem in a very young child to the desperate need to be an odd number and a TURTLE!

From the initial moment of contact when booking the park staff could not have been more helpful. We were booked into a lodge that was short walk to the entertainment to accommodate mum, who has real trouble getting about by walking, we were also sent a map with this location marked so others in our group would be able to be closer by.

Our various groups stayed in the full range of accommodation - one group in a privately rented refurbished chalet in Bayview. This was a smaller place and had limited storage space in some rooms. They also had to pay extra for the entertainments passes. It had great views over the cliff and was very close to the beach path and swimming pool and gym.

Another family, travelling with a young child recently diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, were staying in a chalet rented directly from Hoburne. Due to the requirements of the medication this group arrived on site a little earlier than the 4 O'clock check in time. Once again, the staff on reception could not have been more helpful, offering to store the insulin in a fridge if the accommodation took longer than expected to be cleaned. This chalet was located on the main road in and out of the site with a small area of grass outside. It was fairly dated and basic, but to be honest we did not send a lot of time there as we tried to join in with everything that was going on.

My family (grannie Annie 66, Tom 12, Toby 9 and my hubby and I) stayed in the previously mentioned Solent Lodge. It was the perfect distance from the main building for mum and although it appeared dated from the outside - was more than perfect for our stay. With 3 bedrooms, all with full size beds and 2 bathrooms (both with showers and one with a bath) it gave us ample living space. The lodge also had a separate living space with fridge, freezer, dishwasher and more than enough plates, glasses and cutlery for the 6 people stated to be able to stay there.

We were lucky enough to be able to check in a 3pm and having ordered the groceries to be delivered to the lodge from the local TESCO before leaving home (5-6pm slot) we were able to start holidaying straight away!

And what a holiday it was...

Most nights have a similar pattern -doors open at 6pm. If you want to guarantee a table or have a particularly large family group as we did I recommend getting there just before 6 to queue. It can be a bit of a bind by does guarantee a seat. A character appears for the 'little ones' at around 6:30 followed by dancing and then the big blue seahorse himself arrrives! SAMMY time at 7:30 gets REALLY busy so don't walk in expecting a space at this time - it just won't happen!

More dancing - with my favourites - the Party Dances! BINGO follows at about 8:15pm (I am not a great fan but it is only 3 games and is bearable). If you have kids they can play alongside the adults.Usually a short audience participation competition follows and then a cabaret. We saw a magician called Mr Erius, male vocalist Stephen Craig, and an Abba tribute as well as a few shows by the team members. This varies week to week. All of it was entertaining - people got up dancing, lots of joining in but I guess it depends on the crowd...the evening is what you make it.

Daytimes were slightly calmer. The kids enjoyed Sammy club at 11:00am with a chance to play a few games and win badges while us adults drank coffee and ate breakfast! We also tried to take part in all of the organised activities for families. This included quizzes, bowling, crazy golf, pool, Wii challenge, Scavenger hunts...the list goes on! What with a quick swim (all 3 pools are great), beach visit (the path down to the beach is steep but the beach is sandy and the sea stays fairly shallow), and lunch (we had a fantastic experience at the Toby Carvery just down the road) we were soon back out in that queue for an evening table again.

Most of all though, the holiday was made extra special this year by the AMAZING team of entertainers who we were able to get to know quite well throughout the week by joining in all of the activities. Dave heads up the team and has an unbelievable gift - being able to entertain each of us with his magical personality and dedication. Laura - 'our hoburne princess' is full of fun, energy and sparkle and shares this out in everything she does. Kev - who can walk into a room and light it up with smiles, Matt - born with a microphone in his hand and a mission to entertain!! One of the kindest people you will ever come across. Shelley, who deserves a medal after she spent the morning with our group in dance workshop!!!!! Shame we didn't look good on the dancefloor - thank for trying :) and Anna, the newest member, and a wonderful addition to this talented team.

This holiday park is what you make it. By joining in we were able to make lots of new friends with others holiday makers too - especially in the friendly TURTLES vs LOBSTERs competition. If you prefer to a quieter and calmer break - then enjoy the views and walks (I can recommend the coastal path along to Highcliffe Castle), Moors Valley Country Park (about 30 minutes away) and even a daytrip from Lymington to the Isle of Wight.

For us it was about making memories and fun and laughter. Summed up by my 9 year old who said "I love it here. It isn't so much the place. It is the people." Job done...

1  Thank ukmurph

Wow, thanks for your glowing review!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

First timer visitor to Naish Park and I will be returning. We were able to secure a good price with a 20% reduction by paying before Christmas. The operator advised which ones were the best positioned lodges as well as being recently refurnished. She was not wrong.. The lodge was bright and airy and overlooking the large meadow as well. Peace and quiet. What more could you ask. The entertainment was OK on the nights we popped in. The magician was particular good. The swimming pools were excellent. The indoor one was very impressively and with hardly any around late afternoon you could easily get a decent swim in. The location of the park is ideal for travelling and with park overlooking the sea it could not be any better placed. One small gripe. The shower door fell off the runners. It was reported and maintenance pop over later in the day. Tried a quick fix but would be back the next day. Never saw him again!! This park is clean, tidy and I recommend this park to all. I have stopped in many similar parks and this is one of the best..

Room Tip: Ask For M73 - M76 (Solent Lodges) overlooking the Meadow.