Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$133
PremierInn.com
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
US$179
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$95
PremierInn.com
US$295
US$250
Travelocity
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$194
US$188
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$124
Passford House(Lymington)
US$223
  • Breakfast included
Moorhill House Hotel(Burley)(Great Value!)
US$222
Travelodge Christchurch(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$78
Travelodge
    2,072 results
    All reviewsafternoon teatree housecroquet lawntasting menubreakfast hamperthe main hoteljunior suitespecial occasionattention to detailhot tubservice chargesandwichesgrounds are beautifulbirthday treatout of this worldworth every pennyfeel special
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 16 October 2011

We have been going to Chewton Glen since the late Seventies, not that long after Martin and Brigitte Skan started it. It was fabulous then, and it's still every bit as good, albeit a bit larger and with bits and pieces added on, including a very large, stunning Spa.
    I used to have a deal with them, a business stay of bed and breakfast for £33.00. Unfortunately they don't seem inclined to honour the agreement these days!
    This hotel regularly wins awards for the best this, the best that. I have stayed in hotels all over the world, and I have thought for a long time that it is the best hotel I have ever stayed in. It isn't cheap, in fact it's pretty expensive, but you get what you pay for, and at Chewton Glen they really deliver. We would struggle to recall a time when we had to complain.....I believe that was never, although the last time we were there in August for my 70th birthday, there was a very slight problem with children in the restaurant after they should have been "cleared away"; at the time they sorted it all out very efficiently and pleasantly, and when I wrote to the General Manager observing this state of affairs (but not complaining - I was trying to help them) I got exactly the right response, which left me every bit as enthusiastic about the place. There is nowhere which doesn't have a glitch, it is what they do about it which is important.
    It's impossible to particularise just why this place is so special, but......the fabric of the hotel is wonderful, the food is really good, the staff are all completely non-stuffy and friendly, and the Spa is to die for, it's huge, there is an enormous swimming pool with a high ceiling with a night sky with stars painted on it, all you have to do to access the Spa is to put your robe on and walk a short distance through the hotel corridors.

Room Tip: The Silver Rooms (the middle grade of "ordinary" rooms) are better than most hotels' junior suites, you don't need to go higher than those.
    • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 12 October 2011

having enjoyed Chewton Glen on previous occasions, our recent visit was truly an outstanding success story.With all top luxury hotels you expect service standards, food quality and day to day items to be of the highest standard; this was exactly what Chewton Glen delivered in every area of accommodation, dining, spa and comfort, but the key element which made an big impression with us was the universal attitude of all the staff we met throughout the hotel. Chewton Glen has most definitely "raised the bar" in luxury hotelkeeping, and some of the thoughtful little extras were quite special, and will be enjoyed by all future guests.

Room Tip: small suite accommodation facing the lawn and with a small comfortable balcony is an excellent choice
    • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
    ChewtonGlenNewForest, General Manager at Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

I was truly delighted to read that these guests have returned to Chewton Glen and thoroughly enjoyed their stay with us once again. It always pleases me when I hear that a guest’s stay has not only been a success but that it has been made all the more special by our dedicated team. Thank you for sharing these lovely comments with us and I shall certainly pass them on to the entire team here. My colleagues and I very much look forward to welcoming these guests back again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 7 October 2011

On the whole I enjoyed my stay at Chewton Glen, the staff were very helpful and friendly.

However, I did expect that a 5 star hotel would cope better with special dietary needs. At each meal I had to ask the staff for the gluten-free option (at other hotels the staff remember who you are), and on one occasion I am sure I was given the vegetarian option instead. I simply ate the filling in the wraps, rather than face another wait.

I also found it difficult way round the hotel - I got lost everytime I returned to my room, so some signs would be helpful.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
    ChewtonGlenNewForest, General Manager at Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2011

I was most concerned to read that this guest felt their dietary requirements were not met sufficiently whilst staying with us. We continually do our utmost to ensure all dietary requests, regardless of their nature or type, are carried out and followed through with precision and care. Furthermore, we recently conducted a special dietary request training session to ensure our team is well-versed in dealing with such instances, of which we receive hundreds each week. I am therefore very sorry indeed that this guest feels it was not the case on this particular occasion. Consequently I have alerted our Executive Chef, Luke Matthews, to this case in order to ensure that further shortcomings are avoided in the future.

Being a Grade-II listed building, we benefit from this unique property having a great sense of character, with the ultimate aim for it to feel more like a ‘home from home’ than anything else. Detailed floor plans of the hotel are usually provided on check-in. However, I sincerely apologise if this was not the case when this guest arrived. To avoid any future confusion our reception team would be delighted to offer an extensive show round of the property, on this guest’s next stay with us.

Despite this feedback, I am very happy to learn that their overall experience with us at Chewton Glen was an enjoyable one – we all certainly look forward to hopefully welcoming these guests back, in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 3 October 2011

We have just returned from a weekend/stay at Chewton Glen which incidently included getting married at the same time. We have nothing but praise and good reports to say about our experience. We only visited the hotel twice to agree the arrangements and every detail was taken care of and dealt with in a most expeditious and professional manner.
    Whatever their formula Chewton Glen staff have got it right and others would do well to take a leaf out of their book. It was evident the Management Team gave no second thought to putting up umbrellas on terraces to taking your luggage out for you. Regardless of status they just got on with the job and any member of staff we passed, regardless of what department they worked in offered to carry bags, offer directions, sort out problems, put minds at rest, in short nothing was too much trouble. Chewton Glen is unique and has the reputation to go with it. It is the finest place we have ever had the pleasure of staying in and look forward to returning to celebrate our anniversay.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
    ChewtonGlenNewForest, General Manager at Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2011

It is excellent to read of yet another enjoyable stay with us at Chewton Glen. The fantastic weather of late has certainly aided in making the hotel an idyllic setting for celebrating those special occasions. I am certain that these guests will have truly fond memories of their time with us and I would like to thank them for their splendid comments about our team. It is indeed each and every one of them that continually go that extra mile, which make Chewton Glen what it is today. We are all very much looking forward to welcoming these guests back for their 1st anniversary and wish them every success with their new lives together!

Reviewed 1 October 2011

When we booked our stay, my partner was a little concerned that the hotel would be a bit 'stuffy'.
    What a very pleasant surprise! The service is friendly, efficient and exactly as you would expect from this class of hotel.
    We were greeted like old friends. The check in was fast and the bags had gone before we could get our coats off!
    We were in one of the suites over looking the rear gardens. It had a separate sitting area and access onto one of the two balconies.
    This hotel is perfect for any style of holiday; relaxed, lazing about, walking in the New Forest, beach (the beach is only 20 minutes walk)
    or exploring the wonderful coast line.
    The new Vetivar restaurant was nice. The menu was adventurous (if a bit fussy) but the food was good.
    I would recommend this hotel to anyone who understands that this is not a cheap hotel ( or even a reasonably priced hotel!!). It is what you would expect when paying London prices, but with a very homely atmosphere. We are already planning our next stay!

• Stayed: September 2011