Two teachers, willing to invest in a bit of indulgence over half term......we weren't disappointed!
The spa day was great value for money with a lovely breakfast of pain au chocolate and cappucino on arrival, use of the wonderful pool (very serene and quiet), amazing hydrotherapy pools, incredible treatments in the spa and a lunch far superior than the 'buffet lunch' described (no problem for this gluten free girl). We even got in an exercise class.
What really impressed me was the quietness of the spa. They had resisted the urge to pack the place with people and this provided us with a lovely, tranquil setting. We were also here in half term and (like a previous post) dreading the thought of children! Whilst a few were spotted, they were only allowed at certain times (an hour am, an hour pm) in the pool- no big deal as we went to the sauna/steam room/ hydrotherapy pools/ hot tub/ refreshment area for a juice to avoid noise! Both my friend and I loved the 'zones' created around the building. There were plenty of quiet places to read a book!
Overall, a fabulous and relaxing day. The staff could not have been more attentive. Well worth paying the extra for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire