“Yet again faultless”

Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Milton
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Having stayed here many times, i was sure my return would live up to the rest of my stays that I have experienced at CG. I was right. Everything in the hotel is accounted for. Service is fantastic, rooms are spotless. It is a dream countryside getaway destination. The spa is wonderful, and beautifully looked after. The hotel provide bikes of all sizes for its guests The sea is 3 mins down the road so very near. It is true to say that the staff think of everything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! The only way to find out for yourself is to go see CG! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweety9London
Write a ReviewReviews (1,987)

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have known this Hotel for over 40 years, and have seen quite a lot of changes, but the continued pursuit of excellence in the presentation of quality food and comfort remains a forethought. Considering what you can sometimes actually end up spending on a lunch here, I was pleasantly surprised with the Jubilee Lunch in the Lake Suite on the 5th of June; which for a set price of only £60 per person, offered a Drinks on arrival Reception, 3 course lunch (including Beef Wellington fillet steak), fine wines, and coffee with home-made petit-fours; it was probably the best value lunch I've ever had there, together with the celebratory atmosphere of the day. There was more than adequate staff serving the 100 guests dining that day, so we didn't really have to wait for anything.

Room Tip: Join the mailing list on the Hotel website to be informed of such offers.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank FS28
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

We had afternoon tea at the hotel as a treat for our Mums birthday. The location is just stunning, the grounds are relaxing and the atmosphere is soothing. We were seated on the outside terrace as the weather was lovely and sunny. We had our order taken by a very friendly member of staff. I enquired as to what the blend of the Chewton Glen tea was and was told it was Assam and Ceylon, which I then ordered. It was quite simply a very fine pot of tea!! We waited about 20 minutes for our afternoon tea to be served. We were told the different fillings of sandwiches and types of cakes and pastries that had been served to us. Everything was first class and very delicious. I cannot fault the service and the food was amazing. It was very well priced. I simply cannot wait to return again!!!! Thank you

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Unfortunately I only stayed for one night, my room overlooking the croquet lawn was fantastic, the food was superb and the service second to none. I cant wait to go again. Oh and I bumped into Michael McIntyre on my way back to my room after dinner. The Gym and Spa are also very good and considerably better equipped than many other places I have stayed.

Room Tip: Overlooking the Croquet Lawn with a large balcony.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Richard G
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Well when you read about hotels that are up in the top 10 you expect the best and in truth this hotel does deliver service and luxury at elite levels
We also found the location great to explore the new forest excellent restaurant facilities and the spa is as good as any I have visited 1st class all the way thank you for an enjoyable weekend

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sally j
Reviewed 16 May 2012

I went to Chewton Glen in December 2011, wanted to write a review as I thought it was by far one of the nicest hotels I've ever been too. Its beautiful on the outside and on the inside. I stayed for two nights in a Bronze room, its was beautifully clean, a very large bathroom and the bed was very comfortable. I came with my boyfriend for a relaxing weekend and that's what we got. Its a geat location in the new forest so very quiet. We ate in the restaurant both nights and both nights the food was superb, the conceirge we had was very attentive. We both also had a massage ( excellent ) and enjoyed the large spa very much. Also has a very nice ppool and large tennis courts. Ideal for anyone who needs a break! It is expensive, but I think worth it.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2012

What a fabulous place! We went for a couple of days total R&R and couldn't have picked better. Everyone is courteous - nothing is too much trouble - yet there's nothing 'stiff' about staff, it's all very natural and easy-going. The room was perfect, spacious and comfortable with a large and luxurious bathroom. The spa treatments were fabulous, the environment pristine and the staff very professional and well-trained, and the hydrotherapy pool was fantastic. What was particularly good was that our room was quite close to the spa so we felt completely comfortable walking there in bathrobes and slippers as there was no need to go through the main public areas. The pool bar is great for lunch while you're at the spa and the bar and restaurant is excellent for when you've finally worked up the energy to get dressed - just in time for dinner! Can't fault Chewton Glen, and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
#2 of 8 in Lyndhurst
3 mi away
Christchurch Harbour Hotel & Spa
The Crown Manor House Hotel

Been to Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!