Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
US$164
US$159
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$90
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
US$167
US$92
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$89
US$192
US$168
Travelocity
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$127
US$123
  • Restaurant
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$112
Hotels.com
Passford House(Lymington)
US$185
  • Breakfast included
Moorhill House Hotel(Burley)(Great Value!)
US$169
US$164
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
2,068 results
All reviewsafternoon teatree housecroquet lawntasting menubreakfast hamperthe main hoteljunior suitespecial occasionattention to detailhot tubservice chargesandwichesgrounds are beautifulbirthday treatout of this worldworth every pennyfeel special
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 June 2012

We had the most amazing overnight stay with evening meal,breakfast & afternoon tea.
We had a silver room with a balcony which was amazing & huge, the champagne & chocolates in the room were a lovely touch.
The Spa is the best we have ever been to & the food is to die for.
The staff are so polite & helpful it is certainly the best UK hotel we have ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Silver rooms are amazing
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 June 2012

A third time visit, this time with my teenage daughter as opposed to my wife. Despite confirmation that we obviously wanted a twin not a double room room and ringing the week before to confirm this, you guessed it, "Welcome Mr & Mrs X" and a double bed in the room that we had to separate ourselves into singles. Then the kettle didn't work, the TV in the bathroom was u/s and when repaired showed only Aussie rules and Association football channels then the fire door in the bathroom rattled all night keeping us awake....management reponse was good with lots of humble pie and gifts of smellies for my daughter and a complimentary upgrade "next time" - some chance, going to try Lime Wood instead. For £400/night for just b&b it should be right first time. Food OK but very very pricey (£43 for a curry?) - better to dine at Pebbles on the cliff a mile away that's much better value, great food, champion view and atmosphere and lunch at the Square and Compass at Worth Matravers. Precipitating down all our stay so not able to use the outdoor facilities. The Spa remains great but the very noisy aquaerobics were an unwelcome intrusion. Great Aston Martin V12 Vanquish in the car park though! Third and last stay, going to give the upgrade to some fiends. We have stayed at Relais et Chateaux around the world and this is one of the worst - very dissappointing, two days before we stayed at Summer Lodge - much better and so much more intimate.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sm0ky
ChewtonGlenNewForest, Managing Director at Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

I was extremely saddened and certainly surprised to read this disappointing review of Chewton Glen following this guest’s stay and I would first and foremost like to convey my most sincere of apologies for the shortfalls described. Our continual aim is to consistently provide a level of service fit for our world-renowned reputation; I therefore find it most regretful that this guest felt we did not perform to our usual high standard this time. Ultimately our staff are only human and can drop the occasional ball, but I would also like to assure this guest that the issues experienced were very much a rarity as opposed to the norm and I can only assume that our performance on previous visits left an impression positive enough for this guest to choose to return to stay with us for a third time.

I only felt it appropriate that I offer some explanation and follow up on some of the shortfalls this guest has outlined from their recent visit. Our Maintenance Manager Paul Jarvis has not only expressed his heartfelt apologies, but also since replaced the kettle and fixed both the television in the bathroom and the fan, which is consequently no longer making any noise in the room. Kerry Hudson, our Spa Manager, has asked me to convey her thanks for this guest’s positive comments about the hotel’s spa and has also taken onboard the constructive comments regarding the aqua aerobics class taking place whilst this guest was using the pool. This is a service in the spa that we regularly receive fantastic feedback from on a continuous basis and can be enjoyed at specific times during the week. Our reception team in the spa would be only too happy to provide details on when these classes take place in the future. With regards to the restaurant, the lobster used in our curry is sourced only a stone’s throw away from Chewton Glen in Christchurch and prices of the dishes in Vetiver are always reflective of the quality of the ingredients individually picked by Executive Head Chef Luke Matthews.

However, despite our good intentions it would appear that we have sadly slipped with our initial welcome and on the housekeeping front with this guest’s bed requirements. Although I am happy that our Management on duty at the time did their utmost to acknowledge this error, it is nonetheless an error which should not have occurred and so I am deeply sorry for any inconvenience or embarrassment this may have caused at the time.

Truthfully I am horrified that this guest has departed Chewton Glen with negative thoughts following their stay and I can only apologise that we have failed to exceed their expectations. Although I appreciate and respect this guest’s choice not to return to us in the future, I would kindly ask that they contact me directly should this decision change, as I would like the opportunity to take care of any arrangements personally. Until that time, my colleagues and I remain entirely at this guest’s service.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

great place to relax and forget about the noisy city life

Room Tip: all fantastic
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Mum and I stayed at the hotel recently for two nights. We had recently lost my father and felt that a couple of days away together would be a good 'pick us up'. Everyone (without exemption) was so kind and professional. From the moment we arrived, when the lovely Steve escourted us to reception, everything was taken care of. We ate in the Vetiver Restaurant both evenings and had the most delicious food, expertly prepared by Chef Andrew Du Bourg and his team. Service is exemplary and as everything is included you can just relax and feel that the staff are just happy to assist you. Thank you to the whole team for making our stay so magical.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Having stayed here many times, i was sure my return would live up to the rest of my stays that I have experienced at CG. I was right. Everything in the hotel is accounted for. Service is fantastic, rooms are spotless. It is a dream countryside getaway destination. The spa is wonderful, and beautifully looked after. The hotel provide bikes of all sizes for its guests The sea is 3 mins down the road so very near. It is true to say that the staff think of everything to make your stay as enjoyable as possible! The only way to find out for yourself is to go see CG! Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family