We visited Chewton Glen to celebrate my partners 40th birthday and have a relaxing weekend away. We were blown away by the quality of the hotel and service -it really was like stepping into another world and everyone was so friendly, helpful and keen to ensure we enjoyed our stay. It was the perfect place to celebrate in luxury, with sumptuous rooms, and a top notch spa (which wasn't crowded even at weekends) and other leisure facilities. However I was disappointed that when on booking I informed staff it was my partners 40th birthday, the only thing offered was the option of a cake at dinner for the price of £17.50!
Only a small point in the face of such amazing service and quality elsewhere, but the food service did disappoint us several times, and I would echo everything said in review from 12th July. We waited 40 mins for wine and an hour for starters at dinner, with not enough people serving. Dinner was good but definitely not worth £140, and service was also poor for breakfast and room service which were also extortionate (£26 each breakfast, £45 for 2 sandwiches, fries and tea in room service). Toast at breakfast took ages to come (30 mins) -I ended up eating my scrambled eggs without it, which when you pay that much is not on. Room service lunch arrived with 2 salts (no pepper), no milk with tea, which cost £5 and was I drinkable and stewed by time milk arrived.
There was no feedback form and I was not asked if all was ok with stay when checking out which I find a bit arrogant, so hopefully they will receive this feedback.
My tip for dinner is to book Pebble Beach -amazing location overlooking sea, fantastic tasty food (better and cheape than CG) and staff even recommended a cheaper bottle of wine than we ordered which was delicious!
Don't let the above put you off though -to be fair lots was included in bill I didn't expect (no tipping as included in price, complimentary newspapers etc). I would definitely go back for a special occasion as was such an amazing place, in immaculate grounds. Spa treatments were fabulous too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire