Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
US$182
US$149
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$85
PremierInn.com
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
US$185
US$179
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$84
PremierInn.com
US$350
US$262
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$133
US$130
  • Restaurant
US$105
Hotwire.com
Passford House(Lymington)
US$240
  • Breakfast included
Moorhill House Hotel(Burley)(Great Value!)
US$198
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Kings Arms(Christchurch)
US$128
US$98
Agoda.com
2,099 results
All reviewsafternoon teatree housecroquet lawntasting menubreakfast hamperthe main hoteljunior suitespecial occasionattention to detailhot tubservice chargesandwichesgrounds are beautifulbirthday treatout of this worldworth every pennyfeel special
Reviewed 9 November 2012

I just registered to review the Chewton Glen.My husband took me there last weekend for my birthday and we both loved this property.From the moment you enter it gives you the sense that you are visiting an amazing luxurious country house.Service and food were excellent,while the rooms were decorated in a very unique way.We both look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We stayed in one of the new treehouses with our two kids (age 7 and 5). The accommodation was spectacular - every comfort had been thought of, from the well stocked kitchen/bar (all free), to the hot tub on the balcony, log fire, underfloor heating, toy box in the children's room etc. We loved the breakfast hamper, delivered through the secret hatch so as not to disturb.
However, the roofs of the treehouses are made of tin. When it rained (which it did both nights) we were all woken up. The kids' room was amazingly noisy when it rained - no chance of sleeping through that. So what should have been a relaxing weekend to unwind and recharge ended up exhausting us through lack of sleep.
In terms of the rest of the hotel, it is sadly not as good as it used to be. The service is not at all personal (perhaps the hotel's got too big?), and service in the restaurant was very disappointing indeed. We waited over an hour for our main course at dinner, and had to ask numerous waiters to chase it up. The salmon was very undercooked and had to be sent back. So we didn't bother with the restaurant on the second night, which was a shame.
Although our kids are pestering us to return, we are unlikely to rush back. It is expensive enough that we expect world-class service, which is what Chewton built it's reputation on many years ago. They're in danger of their reputation sliding.

Room Tip: Don't sleep in the treehouses if there's any chance of rain!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Shelley L
Reviewed 4 November 2012

My husband took me to Chewton Glen as a surprise for our anniversary for 2 nights. We stayed in the treehouse suites which were fabulous, cosy wood burning stove, comfy living space with all the extras you would want, hampers delivered for dinner and a brilliant breakfast, great views and wonderful design. I would really recommend the accomodation for a luxury break. The spa was nice, not the best I have been too but still good. Dinner was mixed with my husbands meal not really on the warm side, however staff pleasant and trying to please. The grounds are really lovely - we could happily have stayed for longer.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2012

I've been lucky enough to stay at Chewton Glen a number of times over the last five years and have found it to be consistently excellent. From the moment you pull up outside and your luggage is unloaded and taken to your room, to the minute you leave, the service is excellent.

The first time I came the "no tipping" policy had to be explained to me as it's so unusual, even in properties of this standard.

My massage was brilliant (ask for Sarah) and the wine tasting (run by the soon to be moving on Chief Sommelier Alan Holmes) was great.

Dinner in the Vetiver Restaurant was fantastic on both nights with excellent service from what seemed like an army of waiters.

Not cheap, but a stay at Chewton Glen is worth every penny.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2012

I saved up to go for lunch at the chewton glen, and my fiancé and I went 3 weeks ago to celebrate our engagement and his birthday. It was amazing! I have been wanting to go to the chewton glen since doing a gcse project on it back in year 11, 10 years ago! And never been able to afford it.
It was everything I imagined and more, beautiful gardens, lovely attentive staff, and a gorgeous meal. I am absolutely chuffed to bits we were able to go there for a meal and maybe one day we can go back. Thank you for having us. Really recommend this gorgeous once in a lifetime place!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple