Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa
Premier Inn Christchurch Highcliffe(Highcliffe)(Great Value!)
US$133
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Christchurch (East) Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$95
PremierInn.com
US$316
US$277
Travelocity
South Lawn Hotel(Milford on Sea)
US$188
US$183
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Fisherman's Haunt Hotel(Christchurch)(Great Value!)
US$97
Passford House(Lymington)
US$224
  • Breakfast included
Moorhill House Hotel(Burley)(Great Value!)
US$175
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
Lord Bute Hotel(Christchurch)
Orbitz.com
2,068 results
All reviewsafternoon teatree housecroquet lawntasting menubreakfast hamperthe main hoteljunior suitespecial occasionattention to detailhot tubservice chargesandwichesgrounds are beautifulbirthday treatout of this worldworth every pennyfeel special
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 December 2013

My husband and I have just returned from an overnight stay to celebrate our wedding anniversary. On arrival we were informed that we had been upgraded to a junior suite which had chocolates and a half bottle of champagne for us. When the staff realised that it was our actual anniversary yesterday, they also sent up a card and a balloon.

We ate in the restaurant last night and had the 7 course tasting menu. It was truly memorable and we were looked after by Christian who was an excellent and knowledgeable waiter.

Before leaving today I had one of the best facials I have ever had in the lovely spa.

This was a wonderful break made all the more special by the faultless care and service we received.

1  Thank katiecomelately
Reviewed 16 December 2013

An amazing hotel of stately home stature with an imposing driveway surrounded by extensive grounds awaited us after a wet drive through the New Forest. We were greeted immediately, our luggage taken care of and ushered into the hotel resplendent with an enormous Christmas tree and the smell of log fires and sandalwood. Just bliss. So into one of the lounges where a pianist was playing soft music for a glass of wine until being shown to our room on the ground floor which was just beautiful with a terrace and a good sized bathroom with twin vanity basins and a shower equipped with power jets. Lots of really fluffy white towels, bathrobes and slippers which we quickly got into and off to the Spa which was delightful. A huge swimming pool with recliners and then through to a large round pool with individual areas of power jets aimed at different parts of the body. No time to explore the rest of the spa facilities unfortunately. Feeling very invigorated we had a cocktail in the bar and then enjoyed the seven course Tasting dinner which was an experience not to be missed. Each course was a surprise to the taste buds and delivered to the table with great delight by our charming waitress who played the game with us of not telling us what was coming next. The melting cheese course was a hit with the four of us. I would recommend this menu over and above the usual dinner choices to be enjoyed and remembered as part of the whole package of the Chewton Glen experience. As my daughter put it we came away feeling that we had been somewhere very special but didn't have to get on a plane to get there.

1  Thank 915JDB
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We stayed here for our 10 year anniversary and it was a great stay. The hotel is 5 star and it definitely feels that way when you walk in. The staff are very attentive, maybe a bit too attentive for my liking, but some people like that service, but I felt it can be a bit too much, but they were all very helpful and friendly. We were supposed to have champagne and chocolates in our room for our anniversary, but they forgot, or put it in the wrong room? So that was a little disappointing, but we had a balloon and a nice card, which was nice. Our room was gorgeous, very big and had a little courtyard garden area with a balcony. But we did have an issue with the heat of the room, we didn't realise this until we went to bed, when it was fairly late, so we didn't bother calling reception to ask to move as we were only there one night and we didn't want to have to pack all our stuff at 1am to another room, so we ended up opening the windows to cool the room down. We think it was the bathroom that was the issue as it was like a sanua and that was even with the radiators off, so we aren't sure what the issue was, but this is a warning for anyone staying in the 'William Gilpin' room. There is air con we could have used but it was noisy so we couldn't have it on overnight unfortunately. But that was our only issue, but not expected at a 5 star hotel such as this, especially when so expensive.
The spa was fabulous and the facilities there are great, we loved the hydrotherapy pool.
We ate at the restaurant, which was great, but again, maybe a bit too fussy for us. The waiters literally wait for you finish your water/wine etc..and are there to top it up again straight away, for me this is just too much, as you could feel someone constantly watching your table. The food was amazing though and highly recommended. The breakfast is soooo expensive, but... please have it, as it is one of the best cooked breakfasts I have had!
So all in all a great stay that was mostly memorable for the right reasons. We will be back again one day if we are ever feeling flush, as it is a pricey stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clarabella4
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Stayed overnight at Chewton Glen. Setting is lovely a and the hotel is excellent with large comfortable rooms. My room had a tablet computer and B&O audio and TV. Restraint was very good with an excellent wine list. The thing that set the hotel above many others I have stayed in was the helpful, efficient and professional staff. Without exception they could not have been any more helpful or accommodating.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank tomrw72
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I was slightly daunted by the rather large price tag attached to our one night break at this hotel, having only heard excellent reviews about the day spa from friends and family.

From the moment we arrived I have never been so impressed by the service we received at Chewton Glen. We received a friendly and efficient check in (earlier than the specified time so we could use the facilities) and were shown to our large room (82) with huge bathroom and separate WC. Great in room facilities, and despite reading reviews complaining about the tea and coffee faciilites not being available in the room, I did not find this a problem, as there was water and juice, which was more than adequate!

We took bikes out for an hour (helmets provided) and had a brief exploration of the local area and then enjoyed the rather lovely spa, including outdoor jacuzzi for a couple of hours. It was lovely. My husband who has never really experienced spas, thoroughly enjoyed the hydrotherapy pool, to say we both left relaxed is an understatement. As we sat in the jacuzzi under the bright moonlight (at 5pm!!) and stars, we wished we could stay for longer than just the night!

After a brief pre-dinner drink (OK so the bar is quite pricey £7 cheapest glass of wine, £6 beer) we headed to the restaurant for our seven course tasting menu. This was exceptional, a range of things that we would never have selected off the menu meant we had an indulgent and exciting meal. The sommelier was extremely helpful and clearly took pleasure and pride in his job, the waiting staff were lovely and eager to please. We enjoyed a thoroughly lovely meal once again accompanied with superb service.

If there was one criticism, it would be that despite using the air con in the room, Myself and my husband felt quite warm all night (I think it was the duvet, rather than the room) as a result we did not sleep brilliantly - however thankfully the restful spa was enough to rejuvenate us both the following day.

After a great breakfast, with an extensive selection of fruit, yoghurt, cheese and meats etc etc, followed by a delicious cooked breakfast, we took time to spend some more time in the spa, participating in a class (good fun!) and then we took a stroll down to the beach. This was lovely and a great way to finish our visit.

All in all, and I can't quite believe I'm saying this.... I feel that the price we paid (£377) for the night (DBB for two people) represented excellent value for money, given the outstanding service, amazing food, brilliant facilites and lovely surroundings. I would thoroughly recommend Chewton Glen for a special occasion and hope I am fortunate enough to stay again.

1  Thank HappysuzieB