Arriving at a hotel with two pre-schoolers at midnight, jet lagged following a 14 hour flight, and 2 hours drive would appear to bode far from well, however from the moment we pulled up outside the hotel everything seemed easy.
We were escorted to our treehouse in a golf cart, and entered possibly one of the most pratical yet stylish 'apartments/ suites' I have come across. Waiting for our two fractious children were a plate of cookies, and strawberries with their names written in chocolate. Were this not enough to thrill our tired charges then the present which waited for them alongside the confectionery certainly clinched the deal. A well stocked fridge and assortment of teas and awesome coffee machine saw Mum and Dad happy too.
A quick dip in the hot tub before bed sent us all off into a sleep which lasted far longer than antipated.
Breakfast in the treehouses is a joy, particularly if you have pre-schoolers. A hamper full of artisan goodies is delivered in the morning, meaning you can choose what you eat and when.....and if the children have a paddy it doesn't matter, as there's no one around to witness it.
The treehouses are wonderful for families; the curves of the treehouse structure are mirrored in the beautiful family bathroom where you can bath looking out to the trees, the master bedroom feels light and airy with a touch of luxury, and the children loved their 'nest' in the attic, where their bedroom was located. With a separate living area and compact, but perfectly functioning kitchen area the space is exceptionally well thought out.
The largest accolade has to go to the staff at Chewton Glen. They were terrific. All of them. I have to make a particular mention for David our Concierge. His style was perfectly suited to our needs; friendly and relaxed, without being too intrusive, exceptionally helpful - we came to rely on him.
Children can dine with the adults from 6pm until 8pm, and on a weekend a 'kids' buffet is provided. Whilst my children dined on sausage and chips I had the pleasure of being able to sample the sea bass from the restaurant dinner menu, which was terrific. If was so lovely to eat a 'grown up' meal whilst my little ones happily munched on children's fodder.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Chewton Glen, there was so much to do with our 2 and 4 year old, but not enough time to do it....we'll just have to return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire