“Fabulous Ferraris everywhere”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in New Milton
Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Fabulous Ferraris everywhere”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I had the good fortune to visit Chewton Glen during the Chris Evans Dirty Dozen experience for Children In Need. We arrived to find a dozen amazing cars on the beautifully manicured lawns, what a spectacular sight, The next morning the cars set off during the live breakfast show. The cars duly returned and a barbeque was held indoors with cooking by Jody Scheckter, we were very lucky indeed to enjoy these burgers for our evening meal, a big thank you to Mr Ely for organising such a treat. We were also given a pair of Pudsey Bears, named Ashley (after Mr Ely, the manager) and Alison (the lady on reception). We had a superb time, excellent service and food. If you cant afford to pick the phone up and bid for one of the cars then this is the next best thing. A big thank you to Mr Ely and his team for a most enjoyable stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ChewtonGlenNewForest, Managing Director at Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guests,

Ashley, Alison and the rest of the team join me in thanking you for your glowing review. We were thrilled to be able to support Children in Need again this year and delighted that you enjoyed the event as much as we did.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Chewton Glen in the very near future.

With warmest wishes,

Andrew Stembridge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I was lucky enough to organise an incentive trip for a goup of 34 people and as the organiser I also got to stay at the hotel. I booked the Chewton Glen for the trip because of its' outstanding reputation. We enjoyed private dining in the restaurant on one evening and a BBQ on another. We were very fortunate that the weather was spectacular and we were able to sit outside overlooking the grounds. The rooms were lovely and very clean - everything had been thought of. I booked a couple of the treehouse suites as a surprise for two lucky couples on the trip and these were AMAZING - they didn't want to leave. The reception staff were very attentive - upon departure I was asked if I wanted some cookies and cold water (it was a very hot day) for the journey - such a nice touch. It this kind of attention to detail that makes this hotel stand out from others. I'm sure all 35 of us have come away with some fabulous memories - I know I have.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jacqui B
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.

We were honoured to host your recent event and delighted that you have all left with such positive memories of Chewton Glen.

I hope that this will be the first of many future visits for both you and your colleagues and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

With kind regards

Ukraine
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I have been going to the Chewton Glen since the early 90s when it was owned by the Skans (Scandinavian couple) and it has always been my favourite place to eat. Apart from a blip just after it changed hands a few years ago, it has been consistently good ever since. I now have the good fortune to live about 5 minutes away after moving to New Milton 3 years ago.

I had lunch in the Vetiver restaurant with a friend recently, which was excellent - even the bread rolls were delicious (especially the brown ones with fruit & walnut - I wish they sold them but it wouldn't be good for my waistline!)

The service, as always, was impeccable - polite, friendly and attentive. I think £25 + service for lunch of this standard is pretty good - compared with other restaurants in the area which may charge similar prices or less, but the food and service (and the beautiful surroundings) at the Chewton Glen is far superior. James Martin started his career here and occasionally gives demos + lunch or dinner. I went to a similar dinner/demonstration a few weeks ago with Tom Kitchin (a superb evening.)

I recommend the Chewton Glen for lunch or a special dinner. I'm sure you won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: I have not stayed at the Chewton Glen as I live nearby but I know all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LynR6
Dear Guest

It is heart warming for us to read such a wonderful review from a regular guest. We are fortunate to have many good friends who live locally and support us regularly and I am delighted that we have consistently impressed you over a number of recent visits.

Thank you for your loyal support over many years.

With my very best wishes until next time,

Wantage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here as a couple in April in one of the Treehouses.

We were very excited about the prospect of staying in a treehouse. The checkin and welcome process was very easy. The gentleman that showed us to and around our treehouse was very helpful, although we didn't see any of the promised giraffes! :-)

Treehouse (5??/Spruce) was the farthest away which meant it was more scheduled and perfect for a romantic getaway utilising the huge jacuzzi as much as possible. The design was stunning and every extra was on hand to enjoy from coffee makers to sound systems and an open fire.

We felt that we used very little of the hotel as we wanted time for just us, that said we did eat in the restaurant on 1 night. The food was very nice if not exceptional and the service very good.

Likes : design, breakfast hamper, technology, space, jacuzzi and management attitude to addressing minor issues.

Dislikes : logistics if transport from treehouse is required. Didn't see any giraffes,

We will go back

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your stay in the Tree Houses at Chewton Glen.

The giraffes are indeed elusive creatures, but I do hope that you caught sight of the deer, badgers and fox cubs which are regularly spotted in the valley.

The Tree houses are located 350m from hotel and we provide transfers on request between the hotel, spa and tree houses by a fleet of 3 electric buggies. I am terribly sorry if this arrangement was inconvenient or somehow went awry during your stay.

In any event, I was so pleased to note that you intend to return and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

With kind regards

London
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I have just stayed here in one of the treehousesI and it was such a relaxing and enjoyable stay. The treehouses are beautifully designed and furnished. Amazing spa like bathroom, really spacious, well equipped with electronics and snacks. The outdoor space is very generous with room for lounges, chairs and, a table and most importantly a hot tub. Views are amazing from the balconies and I could have stayed for a long long time.

I also love the fact that service is included at the hotel so you don't have to keep thinking about when and how much to tip. Indeed our tip was turned down.

Also had a lovely facial in the spa and the weather was kind enough that we spent some time by the outdoor pool which was an unexpected surprise. The water was warm and the pool was quiet. With plenty of space.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Had lovely afternoon tea for my aunties 80th birthday , staff very friendly , a lot of cakes! Had to bring some home.gardens are beautiful,new tree houses look amazing,swimming pool had o lot of leaves in it, but then was not being used,

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jayne c
Maidenhead
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a really good lunch at Chewton Glen today & will certainly return.
It was a joint birthday celebration, and did not disappoint. From driving onto site along the very long & beautiful drive, to being greeted at the door, to finally sitting in the sun with drinks after lunch, it was a memorable experience.
Lunch in the conservatory was good, though it was too hot in there until they switched on the air con at our request. We enjoyed the £25 special lunch for 3 courses. Very good food at very good value.
My prawn starter was excellent & mousse dessert likewise. The salmon main was good but the purple potatoes always disappoint as they are very 'cheffy' - lacking flavour & looking unappetising. Style over substance basically.
My husband had the lamb on saffron risotto which was superb.
There is a huge & very unplanned wine list, grouped in ways it is difficult to understand. They need to think it through & make it easier to use.
It is a wonderful location & we plan to return for a few days stay. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 2 in Burley
Balmer Lawn
Balmer Lawn
#3 of 11 in Brockenhurst

Been to Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!