My wife and I hadn't taken a vacation without our kids for years, and we were looking for a great place to chill. Chewton Glen fit the bill and then some.
We were in a lovely suite (called Jacob Faithful, #6) with a tasteful balcony where we enjoyed breakfast in the morning and wine with cheese in the afternoon. Service was exceptional.
I recommend taking the 20 minute walk to the beach, what the British call the Jurassic Coast. It is beautiful in its ruggedness and easy to walk. Once you get to the beach, there is a beautiful castle another ten minutes westward. As always in the UK, the weather is unpredictable and ever changing. We had a little bit of rain for 10 percent of the walk, but it was fun.
Although Chewton Glen is old and charming, the spa is up to date. My wife and I each had massages, which were excellent.
Aside from our walk to the beach, we did not leave the property, which is enormous. We felt no need to, as we were so content. It's that kind of place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Agoda, Priceline, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire