Have stayed here a few times in the past. Its a hard property to review as it has so many aspects, so overall i gave it average. To start of i will mention the negative. The spa! I have had many treatments here in the past. It has been lovely to come out and simply relax in their suitably named relaxtion room. However, this room has now been closed and since become 2 new treatments room....so they can make more £££££. So what you are left with, is when you finish your treatment, you sit in the narrow hallway which other people pass though when they are heading to their treatments. The new chairs look good, but don't tilt back and are terribly uncomfortable. There are only 3 chairs there, which caused a problem for us when a lady finished her treatment, i politely offered her my chair (I had only been there 5 minutes). There is also a problem with all the chairs facing a large mirror so everyone can see each other in their supplied dressing gowns. I did feel slightly awkward with a gentleman customer sitting right next to me who could look at me right opposite in the mirror. I also had a problem pre-treatment when i was aksed to sit in the waiting area, and the area was already overcrowded with a young family sitting and chatting (which they are certainly entitled to do, but there should be pre-designated pre-treatment areas in which to sit). So the spa....I feel....they are have really got terribly wrong. I would not recommend the spa becuase of this.
The rooms are magic. Quality as you expect. The tree houses in particular are amazing, if you are looking for that little bit something extra. Just as long as you don't mind putting your hand in your pocket. The swimming pool and hydro room is great, although we did stay there once when there was no hot water for our entire 3 night stay - that didnt go doen well with the husband.
Staff are fantastic. Nothing is ever a problem. The restaurant is over priced as you would expect but there are some nice places to eat not too far from the hotel itself.
Would i visit again? Only if they sort out the spa because at the moment it just doesnt work. Its a real shame they got too money hungry on that front.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire