Just spent one night here and feeling rather disappointed. It is OK but not quite up to the highest standard.
Firstly the good things: The grounds are lovely and the walk down to the beach was very pleasant. Our room, with a balcony looking over the lawns at the front was fine and the evening turn-down service was very efficient. The choice of breakfast fare was varied, with plenty of "fishy" options.
The not so good things: The service is rather patchy - good at times, then lacking. The food is also rather unexciting (see separate review of restaurant dinner experience). Service in the bar was OK, at dinner it was sporadic, at breakfast it started OK (though took a while before our order for cooked breakfast was taken) but later on our table wasn't cleared for ages and finding someone to take an order for coffee was difficult. Then after check-out there was a misunderstanding and our luggage was put in store instead of being delivered to us as we waited outside and watched other people departing.
Overall I suppose that a "3" is a little mean but for the price I expect the service to be more precise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire