Had one night at the Chewton Glen in a junior suite overlooking the parkland and gardens. Small balcony with room for two chairs. Suite very nicely furnished, modern and elegant design (fortunately not too much of the English country house hotel style which I find very dated now). The suite was not quite ready so we sat on the terrace by the bar and had really good fresh crab sandwiches and a glass of champagne. Spent the afternoon in the Spa, particularly the hydrotherapy pools which are just brilliant as a way to relax and chill out. Even ventured outside to the jacuzzi and sat there with the April sun beaming down. We had opted for the gourmet dining package which therefore also included the tasting menu of five course with wines. Overall very good quality indeed. The sommelier was excellent and even substituted a wine that I didn't particularly like with something much more to my taste after a discussion on what my favourites were. The chocolate dessert with the deep and dark Spanish sweet wine was truly memorable - it's worth a trip to Chewton Glen in its own right, so contratulations to the Pastry Chef. Cocktails before and after dinner made for an indulgent but very enjoyable evening. Continental breakfast was part of our package, but I did have a look at some of the cooked offerings going by and they looked really good - but after the meal the night before we were more than happy with some muesli and toast. The service overall was very courteous and friendly, sprinkled with a few "Happy Birthdays" along the way which was nice. So a really lovely 24 hours at the Chewton Glen. Yes, it was very expensive but still seemed pretty good value for what we got. Will definitely consider return trips, maybe not staying in a Suite next time unless of course it was another celebration.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, MrandMrsSmith, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire