Stayed here again after nearly 10 years. I must say the estate was the exact same only this time "the public" was quite "different" compared to last time. The staff was not trained (enough) and did not have heart for the business as they had 10 years ago. For example; during breakfast we got the wrong tea/coffee etc. Can happen. Some cooked breakfast items never reached our table. Can happen too... But do not start blaming your colleagues in front of your guests. Very unprofessional. This happened to us twice. The person who collected our bags was grumpy and just entered our room without knocking. He didn't care. I did. The food in the restaurant was not OK. My main course fish was tasteless and arrived cold. The service was amateurish and definitely not up to par for a 5 star hotel. The (golden) room was everything what you wanted to see on this level; no negatives here. The garden was just as stunning as 10 years ago. Complements for the gardeners. The pools are very nice as is the Spa.
It looks like as if the "success formula" has been squeezed to it's limits; too many guests on the estate and staff is less qualified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with MrandMrsSmith, Booking.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire