I booked the hotel as a surprise birthday gift for my wife, and on booking, I had been asked for the purpose of the stay, but had forgotten that..
On arrival, we discovered we had been upgraded to a magnificent large suite overlooking the croquet court, and there was a birthday card and helium balloon waiting for us.
The staff could not have been more friendly or helpful.
The bar and terrace were quite crowded for Sunday lunch, which put us off waiting for food, so we borrowed bicycles and cycled the short trip to the beach, overlooking the Isle of Wight, and found an excellent seafood restaurant.
Then back for 9 holes of golf, and the use of the magnificent pool and spa, Both the par three course and the leisure facilities were almost empty, which we appreciated.
The evening meal was unhurried, the food was excellent and served by chatty engaging staff.
The hotel provided suggestions for walks - one of which we tried the following morning. Fabulous views along the coast.
We both thourougly enjoyed our relaxing break.
Chewton Glen is not grand or ostentatious, but instead a refined luxurious English hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An English Original. Chewton Glen is a luxury hotel and spa set in 130 acres of Hampshire countryside on the edge of the New Forest National Park and just a few minutes walk from the sea.12 new luxury treehouse suites now open. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chewton Glen Hotel New Milton
- Chewton Glen Hotel And Spa
- Hotel Chewton Glen
- Chewton Glen Hotel & Spa New Milton, Hampshire