“Amazing”
Review of Chewton Glen Spa

Chewton Glen Spa
Ranked #4 of 19 things to do in New Milton
Reviewed 23 July 2013 via mobile

Luxury personified. Wife's 40th celebrations spa amazing. Service amazing. Location amazing. Restaurant amazing. The staff were professional and first class customer service. Planning our second stay. Great hotel.

All reviews
"lotions and potions"
"glass of champagne"
"birthday treat"

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Enjoying a two night stay at one of the Studio Tree Houses. It's rare that an experience lives up to expectations but this stay has. The room amenities are excellent; for example, not only do they provide postcards of the Tree Houses but they are stamped. The fridges are equipped with the usual water, milk etc but they also provide good quality chocolate, crisps, nuts etc. These are items that cost the hotel little but because they are included here (and so rarely are elsewhere) it makes the experience all the more special. Despite pretty dreadful weather, we have made the most of the hot tub even though we have one at home and have loved the log burner.

What CG does beautifully is service. Ok, we had to wait about 45 mins past check in time for our room but there was a bottle of decent fizz to compensate for that. Every member of staff we have encountered goes above and beyond; anyone reading this who is familiar with Seabourn will know what I mean.

Price wise, the cost of a junior suite in a comparable 5 star but with service that excels. We will be back.

A downside has to be the food. They don't advertise fine dining but it's rather what one expects at this level. I wasn't expecting Michelin star food but was underwhelmed. To the credit of the hotel, in spite of that, we have eaten every meal here because we simply love the Treehouse and love the service. Well done, CG. A marvellous find.

1  Thank sambfh
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I assumed from the reputation of the Chewton Glen that there was no other consideration for such a massive milestone birthday (my husbands 40th) How wrong I was. For the 200 pound we paid for our meal, the food was barely warm, I was offered my fish grilled or meuniere, I chose meuniere, it came grilled. When we were asked we told the staff our trouble and they argued with us. No one offered us coffee as we were the last couple in the restaurant, so we had to ask. I like strong coffee and so asked for a double espresso. I received a very stewed filter coffee, and was told I didn't know what I was talking about when I mentioned it. I certainly do. A fresh one was made, a real double espresso, and a comment about being sorry, that the first time I asked they had already cleaned the machine....I don't care, I'm paying. I will never return to this restaurant, so long as the staff have an attitude like that.

2  Thank 25DonnaM25
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I visited the spa for a day with my mum and sister, and we all had a wonderful time. The lunch was very generous and tasty, my treatment was amazing and the relaxation room was also lovely. The facilities were really very good and the location is excellent: a good choice for a spa destination! Go and enjoy!