“Wonderful spa day”
Review of Chewton Glen Spa

Chewton Glen Spa
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We have had some delicious dinners at the hotel but had not used the Spa before. So I was delighted to receive a Spa voucher for an Xmas gift. It was a wonderfully relaxing day. I had three treatments and left feeling like a new person. Definitely recommend if you need some 'me' time.

1  Thank snipsnapsnorum

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My pals and I have tried loads ... None even remotely compare to the facilities at CG spa. Our best treat is a day there. Always relaxing and wonderful treatments. Great food at poolside bar. Good for heart and soul.

1  Thank Diana M
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I have review this Spa before but felt I should do another as it is such a refreshing and good experience especially as I was preparing to go away on holiday and needed a really good facial and massage to prepare me for the trip. Everything is just made to make one feel really relaxed and spoilt. Well done Team Chewton Glen Spa and hope to see you all again very soon.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Our parents gave us some money as a wedding present to treat ourselves on honeymoon, so we decided to have a spa day at Chewton Glen. I never write negative reviews, and perhaps my disappointment was magnified as this was a wedding present but unfortunately this spa failed to impress.

We paid £100 each which didn't include any food drink or treatments, but it was an award winning spa so we thought it would be worth it. In fairness, the changing rooms and the hydrotherapy pool were very good and worthy of any good spa. However the service was not. I thought for the amount we paid to enter that it would at least include a glass of water. Instead the only refreshment available was out of metal water fountains with no cups. When we went to the pool bar to get some lunch we were totally ignored by all the members of staff. After several minutes of awkwardly standing around I eventually asked a waiter if we just seated ourselves. His curt response was that there were no available tables. I then had to press him for further information: could we reserve a table and come back later? Is there somewhere we can wait? What can we do to get a table? He told us "You can wait at the bar if you really want to." We then Waited at the bar for over 15 minutes where all staff ignored us and the bar men did not offer us a drink. When we were finally seated we were given a menu in silence (no offers of a drink, no apology for our wait) where the only real option was the cold buffet which was £20 each. I then noticed that there was also a 12.5% service charge on all bills, which would have meant for a cold buffet lunch and a drink each we would have been looking at £60. Not too bad if the service is good and you want to treat yourself but not worth it when you're being ignored by all the members of staff.

We decided to leave the pool bar and go hungry and return to the water fountains for a drink. As far as we could tell, apart from the hydrotherapy pool, the only other thing to do together (sauna and steam rooms are in same sex changing rooms) was take a dip in the pool. This was again very nice, but a little over rated.

Apart from the terrible service, there was nothing that horrendously bad about this spa, but for £200 it felt like we had paid a lot of money for what was essentially a glorified swimming pool and jacuzzi. It was especially disappointing, as I have mentioned, we made it very clear we were on our honeymoon and the spa day was a wedding present. We weren't expecting a free glass of champagne, but a smile from a member of staff would have been nice, or a drink out of a glass that didn't incur a service charge.

7  Thank JordanC938
Reviewed 14 February 2014

We booked the twilight package and we found the service to be very unflexible, especially on St. Valentine's day. Due to bad weather and driving for 4h from London,we did not manage to come on time for our treatments. Even after giving them plenty of notice they did not do anything to help us reschedule or offer alternatives. After that we wanted to have dinner from the buffet but they closed y as well. In addition the towels and bathrobes had yellow stains. Not impressed at all.

2  Thank Eva I