“Never again.”
Review of Kebab House

Kebab House
Ranked #40 of 55 Restaurants in New Milton
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Although I have never seen many customers in this particular takeaway, - I just had that 'urge' for a donner.
I realise these have no nutritional benefit, - so on the odd occasion when I let loose, I rely on plentiful salad 'atop' of the meat to give me something healthy!
Alarm bells rang when I realised the spit was not even rotating. They had pre cut the meat and turned the spit off. My experience of good kebabs, are those where the meat has been freshly sliced off the hot spit. Although I didn't have chips, I noticed these were pre cooked and stacked in a tray like in a school canteen, - so not freshly cooked to order.
I can only guess due to so few customers they like to save on electricity so do not like to have the cookers/friers on unless necessary.
The pitta didn't even get cooked on hotplate.

From stepping through the door, I had ordered, paid, received food and left in 30 seconds flat. Great if you're in a rush and don't care for quality. .... otherwise just plain worrying.

I was offered chilli sauce, but not garlic sauce of which I am a fan.
When I got the kebab home, although there was the usual sliced cabbage, there was no onion at all, and literal one slice of cucumber and a single small wedge of tomato. I had asked for 'all' the salad. The salad bowls are strategically placed, so that the customer can't actually see what's being put on their order unfortunately.

I can't recall a kabab quite so tasteless. ... Very poor is the only description worthy. I ate less than half and binned the rest. I only ate half as I was very hungry.

Oh and lastly but not surprisingly from the overall experience, - do not expect service with a smile. ..... or for that matter even a 'thank you' for your custom once paid for. In fact, when I received my change and thanked them audiably, - I was completely blanked. Perhaps a £6 spend doesn't warrant any gratitude.

Probably shouldn't be in this profession. .... as that denotes a certain degree of professionalism involved. .... but there is none here. ...
Disappointing and I shall take my cash elsewhere in future.

3  Thank Abbots2014

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Visited with my son and his fiance and sat in and ate. They are a takeway but do have table and chairs. Nice and clean and I believe family run. I have eaten there food on several occasions and never disappointed. Food all freshly cooked while you wait

1  Thank sue2005