“Great food and wine but what are the accents all about?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Piazzetta

La Piazzetta
Ranked #6 of 66 Restaurants in Petersfield
Price range: US$19 - US$32
Good for: Romantic, Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Nestled in the quaint market town of Petersfield, La Piazzetta is housed in a charming Grade II-listed building. Blending bountiful history with the robust flavours of Italian cooking, La Piazzetta offers a cosy and informal retreat. Showcasing a classic selection, chefs make use of fine local ingredients from their daily deliveries, with favourites including seafood spaghetti, or veal with wild mushroom and truffle sauce.
“Great food and wine but what are the accents all about?!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We have been into La Piazzetta many times and have always enjoyed the friendly welcome and the excellent food. The restaurant is on the site of an old bakery and they have done a wonderful job making it feel cosy and warm. The food is great, a little pricey compared to other restaurants i've eaten in but the quality is certainly there. The only issue I could ever have is when I went to the restaurant with friends and the waiter was describing the specials on offer and he clearly had a very italian accent. One of my friends (a fluent Italian speaker) asked him where he was from in Italy (in Italian) at which point his accent disappeared and he looked very confused and embarrassed. It was rather 'Only Fools and Horses-esque' and made us laugh! Be warned of fake accents!! All in all well worth a visit!

• Visited December 2013
5 Thank jimmyray38

Petersfield, United Kingdom
“'Perfetto' as always.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

Having returned from our holiday in Sicily the day before this was just what we needed. Brilliant as always, we both had the set menus, such good value. Can;'t be faulted.

2 Thank Fiona C
Woking, United Kingdom
“Nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good food, reasonably priced in a small and friendly atmosphere - what more could you ask? Thoroughly recommended

Visited May 2014
2 Thank DJTUK
Loughborough, United Kingdom
“My favourite restaurant in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

Love the pizzas here, am a regular and will be for a wee while. Going back next week for a fix.... Yummmmmmmmmy

2 Thank Coombespeg
Write_Angle
“My Birthday Party on 4 May '14. 25 people served at one time. The food was hot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2014

Bekim, the owner, had set up the balloons for me as well as the table setting. Not easy. 21 people. Then 4 more came and we needed an extra table!
There were 5 choices of starters and 5 choices of main courses on my 'personal chosen menu'.
The food was brought expediently. The glasses filled and refilled readily. Most important, I don't understand but the hot food came hot! How could they serve everyone at the same time and keep the food hot? (must be an Italian secret)
The food was superb. Everyone kept telling me how delicious theirs was. My chicken was very tasty. Someone had the cod and couldn't stop talking about how 'it was the best cod she'd ever had'! The service was so friendly and yet so efficient'! And the place was so comfortable. It truly led to one of the best birthday parties I've ever had and I've had so many, in so many different places!. We were a bit crowded in but it worked out fine! People who didn't know each other ended up exchanging phone nos, hugs and kisses! I had a huge cake which Bekim cut up for me. (I'm hopeless) and served, followed by coffee and tea. It was a brilliant party and I can't thank Bekim, Aga, Magdalena and the fabulous chef for making my day a perfect one! Thank you all! You are stars!!!!
Leah Cohen (& Jake Claret) .

2 Thank Poetry_Open_Mic