“high quality food, excellent service, good accomodation...AND dog friendly!”
Review of The Cricketers Inn

The Cricketers Inn
Ranked #22 of 24 Petersfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 June 2013

My highly trained collies and I travel widely to compete in Obedience trials around the country. It is well nigh impossible to find good quality accomodation that accepts dogs at all, let alone three... and at the same time maintains the high standards of food and accomodation that I would maintain in my home. This is one of the few gems that prove the exception to that rule. Delicious food and drink, excellent accomodation with good quality sheets and a walk in shower, and a warm welcome to us all after a long hot day's competing...I would recommend The Cricketers to anyone, with or without canine companions.

Room Tip: if travelling with a dog or dogs there is an excellent room on the ground floor with a walkin shower...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathy K

Reviewed 6 June 2013

We had lunch at the CRICKETERS today, Excellent local beer and good quality generous food.There was a menu with plenty of choice and varied prices.The pub is well maintained and decorated to a good standard.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank davidwhite21
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This is a well managed pub offering good accomodation and excellent food. The staff were delightful and the evening meal was top quality.Linen napkins say it all.There were fresh flowers on the table and a comforting open fire.All this at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013 via mobile

We quite literally stumbled across this treasure by pure chance and we are so pleased we did ! After enquiring as to the possibility of one nights' accomodation we were shown a lovely bright and airy room. After two nights in Portsmouth we slept extremely well ! But first, Dinner ! After a couple of drinks at the bar which included a very agreeable local real ale and a glass of wine for my lady we were seated at our table which had been reserved for us. Where to begin ? The food is fantastic. A wonderful fusion of flavours, beautifully presented and obviously proudly prepared and cooked. My main course was sea bass on a bed of crab mash potato. Terrific ! I'm not going to go into too much detail, go check this out for yourselves ! You will not be disappointed. The service is excellent with impeccably well mannered and well spoken staff. The owner is very friendly and both he and the front of house gentleman ( I cannot bring myself to call him just a barman !) cannot make
you feel more welcome and at home. A lovely breakfast followed the next day before we sadly had to be on our way.
They even posted some items on to us that we left behind. Wonderful people in beautiful surroundings. They deserve the best of success and I'm sure this venue will really go places. Make sure you visit soon, you'll be so glad you did! Thank you to you all, we will be back !

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank TOBYJUG868X
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have been coming to Petersfield from the US for over 6 months now for work. I've tried several hotels in town. Two months ago we found the Cricketers Inn, and I've been thrilled ever since (even looking forward to my trips over). The staff is very attentive to every need I could have as a business traveler, and has been very open to suggestions to help them improve. My room is always clean and comfortable with a desk, iron, and free wi-fi. Even though I face a road, the room is quiet, and SO MUCH better than the other hotels I have tried. Add to it that the food is off the chart wonderful, and the restaurant is beautiful - I find myself looking forward to the end of each and every day.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ChikinsR4dinner
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We dined at the cricketers with friends last Fridayand was very impressed with the standard of food and the ambience within.The food was excellent and very well priced and coupled with a good selection of beers will certainly be visiting again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank andybolderston
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Five colleagues and i visited the Cricketers for a meal and evening out.
We thoroughly enjoyed the excellent meal, the good selection of wines and beers available and the wonderful ambience in the pub.
The staff were very friendly, helpful and efficient.
We all had an excellent evening and will be recommending the venue to all our friends and will be returning soon.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends