“Overnight stay”

Ranked #9 of 25 Petersfield B&B and Inns
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Overnight stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I booked the half moon for an overnight stay as we were returning from a motorcycle trip to France, and as we lived some 200 miles north, I didn't fancy the trip home in the dark. We were made to feel very welcome and we were allowed to put our bike into their garage for the night. The room was first class with fabulous standard of decor and fittings. The breakfast I cannot fault, and the service was 100%. I could wholeheartedly recommend a stay here, you wouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank davewash48

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

Our room was bright, bed was comfy, bathroom spotless. Lovely powerful shower and spacious cubicle. Sash windows we could open and let in some breeze if desired. We stayed over 2 nights, no noise to complain of from the pub which I noticed some other guests mentioned (maybe location of the room?)
Breakfast was delicious, we opted for the full English to cure hangover on our first morning and the second morning I requested poached eggs on toast, my husband wanted a sausage bacon egg and tomato sandwich. I haven't seen him so happy in a long time. Thank you for the stay, we would definitely stay here again

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ScallySeders
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013

The staff there are very friendly and helpful. We need to leave very early, and need several things that need to be sorted, the staff are very helpful in helping us.
Rooms are clean and comfortable. The only thing is it is above the pub and can be a bit noisy at night

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Virginialyc
Ballarat, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

Room was clean & well presented although nothing startling. Above the hotel & we were at the back so there was a bit of noise coming from staff as they cleaned up / changed barrels etc. beds were comfy & bathroom was adequate although there was a odour from the drains. TV wifi all good. Meals in the bar were very good. We had bangers & mash & garlic chicken. Breakfast was again the usual offerings and all good. It was a good place but compared to others we have stayed at I can only say it was average.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

Stayed here for a night with my wife when we were on a business trip at goodwood. Got booking via agent and rang to tell landlord we would not be arriving until close to midnight due to our commitments with our client. Told turn up when you can but ring to let me know. Eventually arrived at 0010 which is very late to find landlord waiting for us. Clearly he had been working all day but rather than book us in and send us off to bed he immediately sorted out much needed and very well received refreshments and then made us feel as if we had been locals all our lives. Then when we were ready he carried our bag to room and arranged a breakfast time to suit us. The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable and very in keeping with the whole ambience. The breakfast was fantastic and delivered piping hot and fresh and the same customer service was clear to see. Met with landlord prior to leaving and he again spoke to me like I had been a regular. I travel a lot and stay in 'corporate' hotels, this was avery very different experience this was quality, friendly and most definitely customer focused and the corporate hotels could learn a lot from this . Will I be back, I hope so as likely a lot of work in the area for me to do, in any case I will make the trip from Liverpool to use this as a base to tour local area as I really want to visit this inn again. Trust me just visit the place

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2013

We stayed 4 nights in May while visiting our son. We were made very welcome and were even helped to carry our luggage to the room ( unheard of these days ! ) The room was large and comfortable and the breakfast superb. The staff were helpful and even put up another pair of curtains when we mentioned the sun woke us very early. Be aware though the hotel does cater for functions, while we were there they had a wedding and the music was very very loud. this wasnt a problem for us as it finished at 12 and we didnt have an early start the next day. Also the area outside to access the rooms needs a tidy. All in all we had a lovely stay and will return when we next visit this area.

Room Tip: We had room 3 which was large , but noisy when the wedding was on.