“Best place I've eaten in a long while”
Review of The Trooper

The Trooper
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Petersfield
The Trooper
Ranked #21 of 25 Petersfield B&B and Inns
Waterlooville, United Kingdom
“Best place I've eaten in a long while”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I have just come back from this lovely place, service was brilliant, food fantastic and you wasn't rushed and the pub itself was wonderfully quirky it's a must go and see pub truly brilliant.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank jonnamich

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
cheddleton
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I stayed on a business trip which was unfortunately only one night
The meal was excellent. The room extremely comfortable and the staff couldn't have been more helpful. A great find and a little gem in a peaceful location The building, on the outside,appears to be a little characterless. Step inside----appearances are most certainly deceptive.

• Stayed February 2014
Nottingham
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I stayed here last night and it was exceptional. Great value room and lovely shower and bathroom.

The breakfast this morning was just gorgeous and beautifully presented. A lovely antidote to the awful chain hotels and I would recommend this place every time.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

Visited the Trooper for the 2nd time in 3-4 months and once again everything was first class. This time it was for a 40th birthday meal with my family.

All the food was excellent, the service very good and the surprise birthday cake from the landlord topped a great meal. He was extremely accommodating even with some odd food requests from my two nieces.

Overall fantastic!

Stayed December 2013
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at The Trooper Inn for three nights. The room was beautifully clean and well equipped, the beds were extremely comfortable. A very friendly staff who made us feel welcome immediately. Breakfasts were amazing. A family dinner was good but must confess I was disappointed with the artichoke main course. This did not however distract from the general relaxed ambience in beautiful surroundings. We will definitely stay again.
Julie W

Room Tip: A room overlooking the downs would be spectacular.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I spend a lot of my life on the road and it's rare that I stay somewhere I think "I really must return for a stay" and this was one of those places.

The rooms are mid way between B+B and hotel - the smart-ness of a hotel but with the personal touches of a B+B such as fruit (a little wrinkled, but nice) and biscuits.

The bath was SUPERB and the bathroom very nicely appointed - my room had the benefit of a skylight which was welcome as it was very hot.

The bar/restaurant is very good - I had a superb steak, actually superb, although the chips weren't really to my liking (guess I must be a frenchman, I prefer them thin cut) and the service very good.

If there was a Trooper Inn everywhere, I'd happily say bye-bye to Premier Inn and Best Western! Well done everyone!

Room Tip: Make sure to eat in the pub - the food is superb! Ideally get the 'Chawston' room if it...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Berriew, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 June 2013

My work ensures that I get to travel all over the country staying in all manner of hotels,pubs and gastro pubs and this is one of my favourite places to stay and eat. Every time I stay one of my meals will be the best I've had all year and the others will of been just fantastic. Some of the rooms are a little small and in the winter they can be a little cool but book as early as you can to ensure you get a bigger room and don't dream of eating anywhere else. Staff are always great and never too in your face which makes a welcome change. Prices for rooms are really good and meal prices are good considering the quality of the food served. Even the house wines are excellent. If you don't like quirky and you like the familiar feeling of a chain then you may not enjoy it but be brave and your world may change for the better.

Room Tip: Ashford is a great room but not sure i should share this info
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled on business