“Don't be put off this wonderful restaurant by other reviewers”
Review of Three Tuns

Three Tuns
Ranked #5 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$1 - US$82
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Before venturing to The Three Tuns for lunch I read a few reviews and was rather worried about the quantity of food that would be served. I had no reason to worry, there was actually a perfect quantity of perfectly cooked, delicious, flavoursome food. I now wouldn't hesitate to return to this pub and I would definitely highly recommend it to friends. By far, one of the best pubs to eat out at in Romsey if you like good food!!

There are newer reviews for Three Tuns

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Had a nice Sunday lunch at the end of Feb. I had a nice ham hock terrine with picalilli starter then opted for the Greenfield pork roast which was thinly sliced and cooked well and my wife had the Hampshire beef which was nice. Quality of meat over quantity was very obvious but with the rest of the meal made the price acceptable.

Service was casual but polite and efficient. Will definitely return on a normal day to test the fare!

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

What brilliant service from the moment we stepped through the door, intimate but spacious dining area, great for a pub like feel!
We had a three course meal here (feeling very full now) and it didn't let us down we both had soup of the day to start I had the curried butternut squash and my fiancé had the curried parsnips, presentation was beautiful!
We then had a nice break between our next course, which was sea bream and chorizo Casserole which looked delish the bream was cooked to perfection! I had the butternut squash and Spinach Risotto which was incredible! The positions sizes we're perfect! Which was more about quality then quantity! Which for us is what we prefer!
We then of course needed another break to decide on our puddings I was head over heels for the crumble of the day ; apple and cinnamon crumble, which was served with custard or ice cream. I asked for ice cream and it was served with custard, which was immediately replaced without any trouble!
The chocolate mouse looked also delicious again presentation of all the meals was at it's highest quality!
We never felt pushed upon to order, and although they checked with us if everything was ok with the meals it was always sincere and never rushed...
We love the fact that everything they use with in reason is locally sourced, it's the extra little touches that count!
Many thanks The Three Tuns we will be back!

Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a meal recently at the Three Tuns pub in Romsey, very impressed, food was really amazing, reasonably priced, great homely feel to the place. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

We have had Sunday lunch here several times over the last few years and have always really enjoyed our meal. On our last visit we felt our Sunday roast was still very nice but we both noticed how much smaller the portions of vegetables were than on previous times-2 small slices of carrot, 2 very small cubes of beetroot, 4 tiny batons of parsnip and a very small portion of cabbage and cauliflower cheese - which may all sound plenty but looked a bit lost on the plate. The roast potatoes were lovely and we given extra gravy when we asked but the roast pork was not so good as it was quite thinly sliced. Would we go again-yes because what we had was nice, the pub itself is lovely and the service was very good, but probably would have a starter or a dessert, which is something we don't usually like to do.

1  Thank SueBWales