“Stunning Sea Bass”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I have visited this very charming restaurant in the lovely town of Romsey a few times and have never been disappointed. The staff all of whom are French which adds to the charm, are very attentive and pleasant. The atmosphere in the Restaurant takes me back to the French brasseries I used to frequent when I lived in Paris, true Parisienne style.
My last meal was the steamed Sea bass which was as good as any I have ever had, abroad or in the Uk.
This is a must on your list of places to go. Truly AMAZING

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Only time for coffee today but will certainly return for a meal. Love the atmosphere, certainly a little corner of France in Romsey........cannot wait to return!

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Best steak ever, best atmosphere and consistent quality. Feels like France! Amazing value set menu. I have never been disappointed. Only criticism is a few too many tables squeezed in.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Always seem to end up here. . Good food Excellent service. . . . .tried the rest back to the best!!!
Thank you. . . .

1  Thank KmM65
Reviewed 3 May 2014

We used to come here often, but probably best part of 10 years since we were last here. Decor and ambient hasn't changed a bit, which is ideal - it always feels like a brasserie in Paris. We had lunch for 7 people. Service was very swift as we were in early at 12.30. We had 6 excellent main courses (2 x turbot, 1 x salmon, 1 x sea bass, 2 x entrecôte) and 1 disappointing which was my filet steak béarnaise which I ordered Medium and came charcoaled on outside from too long lon the griddle; the burnt taste overpowered everything else. Desserts were good. Overall a very pleasant restaurant with French waiting staff, but disappointing they couldn't carry the quality all the way through, especially as the filet was the most expensive dish.