“Fabulous Christmas Wonderland Visit”
Review of Paultons Park

Ranked #1 of 20 things to do in Romsey
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Paultons Park - home of Peppa Pig World is a family theme park located in the New Forest National Park in Hampshire, with over 70 rides and attractions. Home to a world first and UK exclusive, Peppa Pig World has 7 rides & attractions including, Peppa's Big Balloon Ride, George's Dinosaur Adventure an indoor soft play zone. Other rides and attractions at Paultons include, the dinosaur theme park Lost Kingdom, the Edge and Cobra roller coasters, the Water Kingdom splash park, adventure golf, La 4D cinema, The Raging River Ride and many smaller rides for young children.
UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Fabulous Christmas Wonderland Visit”
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Wow, What can I say - After travelling down from the Midlands we had a great fun day with our daughter today at Peppa Pig World. We thought the whole place was simply fantastic and very well presented. Our daughter loved it all and the Christmas Wonderland was especially lovely.
We live quite close to Drayton Manor Park in the Midlands and visit Thomas Land there regularly but we thought Peppa Pig Land was much better and will be recommending it to friends in the future.
Well done Paultons Park!

Visited December 2013
22 Thank andyc7
PaultonsPark, Guest Services Team at Paultons Park, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Hello, thank you for your review and feedback - we are delighted that you enjoyed your visit to the Park and Santa's Christmas Wonderland!

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Ebbw Vale, United Kingdom
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Excellent Family Day Out!!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Just got back from a visit to Paultons Park & Peppa Pig World this weekend and we had a fantastic family day out! Because of the time of year not all of the rides and attractions were open but this was perfect for us as my 3 year old daughter would have been too small for the larger rides that were closed anyway. Peppa Pig World was a big hit (the main reason for going) and she had an amazing time on the rides and meeting the characters. The rest of the park was pretty good too although it is more suited to a family with youngish children as there aren't any 'BIG' thrill seeker rides there to entertain older kids. The Christmas Wonderland was also very good with a decent gift from santa for the kids. Will definitely be visiting again :)

4 Thank Laura L
PaultonsPark, Guest Services Team at Paultons Park, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Hello, thank you for your review and feedback. We are delighted that you had a great time and very much look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon!

Worthing, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Santa Wonderland - Dont Waste Your Money”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We took our grandchildren to see the Santa Wonderland which I have now named Santa Wonga Land or Santa's Bag of Cash. Prior to booking the tickets I called to enquire what we would actually get for the money & was advised it was a walk through the wonderland which was truly magical and would take approximately 30 minutes & at the end a visit to Father Christmas & the children would receive a gift appropriate to their age. The lady also said if we had never done it before then we really should as it was so good. On that information I booked the tickets. As a season ticket holder I paid £12.50 each for my grandchildren & £12.50 each for myself & my husband We visited the park prior to visiting the Wonderland but only a few of the rides were open but I was aware of that as I the information had been posted on their website. I was rather disappointed that there were so many rides closed though, I can understand the water rides etc. being closed but not why others were.

We were allotted a time which we had to arrive 5 minutes before hand, however the family in front of us were allowed to go in even though their allotted time was 30 minutes later. Once inside the awning the queue was fairly long & getting longer & longer. It took us sometime to reach the entrance where the children were asked to write their names on their tickets and then we entered the building. Instead of a walk through it was a shuffle through and the whole process took us 50 minutes with us being right up against the people in front of us and other families right up against our backs. It was extremely hot in there and although the animation of the forest animals were very good it was not the magical walk through we had been told it would be. As it was so crowded we couldn't get photos of the children and everyone was getting fed up. Not sure what would happen if you were the kind of person who didn't like confined spaces, there was no way forward or back, we were literally crammed in. Once we reached the entrance to see Father Christmas a young lady dressed as an Elf took the children's tickets and posted them through a opening in the wall. It was finally our time to see Father Christmas & I was so looking forward to this visit being really special for the children and superior to the ones in garden centres or shopping malls given what we had paid. Well, the man himself was in a room that was NOT decorated in any festivities in any way, he spoke with a strong Dorset accent, he never once asked them if they had been good or what they would like for Christmas. He gave them a present each and told them he would see them again on Christmas Eve. This all took 38 seconds, Yes 38 seconds as I have it on video. My grandchildren were literally not given the opportunity to speak at all. We came outside and we all just stood there not actually believing what had happened.

Not wanting to make a fuss or spoil the belief of Father Christmas we didn't address the situation at the time but called the next day & was advised to put our comments in an email which we did. We then received a reply thanking us for our feedback and offering us to return the presents by freepost if we weren't happy with them. The email stated that the walk through the forest was a flowing process, clearly they had ignored the fact that we had told them it wasn't. I then called & said that I couldn't return the presents as they had been opened & it wasn't the presents I was upset about but the overall experience. I was then told I would have to write in to the board of directors & I explained I had written a letter and attached it to the email & asked them to pass it on to the board of directors. I didn't receive a response so my husband called & again were told nothing would get done unless we wrote in again, which we did & still to date no response has been received.

I must admit I did think it may have been a one off bad experience but my daughter in law took our other granddaughter last week end & it was exactly the same.

If you have plenty of money & time to waste & you like queuing and you are not at all bothered if your children see a disinterested Father Christmas then by all means this is the place for you. If however like me you want this to be a magical experience for your children then go somewhere else less expensive.

17 Thank JAGNO2
Thank you for taking the time to review Paultons on Trip Advisor following your visit to Santa’s Christmas Wonderland.

We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience. Santa’s Christmas Wonderland has been operating this way for many years and has proved to be very popular with guests returning year after year to experience the magic of the Wonderland attraction and meet Father Christmas. We do have a set capacity for the Wonderland to enable us to control the waiting time to see Father Christmas which does in fact form part of the experience giving guests the opportunity to take in the magical sights and sounds of the Wonderland.

Santa’s Christmas Wonderland is an out of season attraction which is not included in the cost of a Season Ticket. In November we are pleased to offer our Season Ticket Holders a reduced rate on selected dates. We are pleased that you were able to book one of our special discounted days in November, which are always very popular and often sell out very quickly.

The presents given to the children by Father Christmas are normally only ever praised by our guests. On occasions a present may not be deemed suitable for a particular child for a whole host of reasons. In cases such as these, our Elves are pleased to assist with an exchange for an alternative gift on the day or we can, as in this case, offer for the gifts to be returned to us at our expense and replaced.

Santa’s Christmas Wonderland has received many positive comments from guests regarding the authenticity of the attraction and our Father Christmas, as can be seen from feedback received at the Park and on Trip Advisor. We can only apologise if you feel this was not the case for you and your family. We trust that you enjoyed your time in Peppa Pig World, which was fully open and festively decorated, along with enjoying the large selection of rides and attractions which were open as advertised throughout the rest of the Park.

Please be assured that we take all feedback received very seriously and we thank you for contacting our Guest Services department following your visit. As advised during recent email and telephone communication between yourself and our Park Offices, your email has been forwarded to the Board of Directors as requested.

Again we thank you for taking the time review Paultons on Trip Advisor and look forward to welcoming your family back to the Park soon as valued Season Ticket Holders.

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Absolutely fantastic”
Reviewed 1 December 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit to peppa pig world for my daughters 3rd birthday surprise! Me my hubby and four daughters loved it, we managed to go on 85% of the rides and we will definatly be visiting again next year! Very lively colourful place. The good was slightly over priced but we expected this as with any theme park! 100% recommend this place to anyone who has young children.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank KazBrown84
PaultonsPark, Guest Services Team at Paultons Park, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Hello, thank you for your review and great feedback. We are delighted that you had a fantastic visit to the Park and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again next year!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

Just got back from paultons park and really loved the day with my wife, in laws and niece and nephew !
Recently went to Euro disney by eurostar and stayed in disney hotel for 3 nights and found it to be dirty and scruffy also in the park !
I enjoyed my day at paultons more than my time in disney as it was clean and friendly and lots of improvements .

3 Thank Dangermouss
Hello, thank you for your feedback and review. We are so pleased that enjoyed your day at the Park and look forward to welcoming you and your family back again soon,