“Lots of fun! Good day out for summer holidays!”

Romsey Rapids Sports Complex
Ranked #6 of 20 things to do in Romsey
More attraction details
Owner description: Romsey Rapids swimming pool is fun for all the family. With a toddler pirate ship, rapids, flume and more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift, Activities for young children
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Lots of fun! Good day out for summer holidays!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

This was the first time I have been to Romsey rapids. I thought the pool was really good, my daughter (5) could stand up in most of the pools which was good, the pirate ship was good for small kids although my daughter did graze her bum going down the slide as there isn't much water at the bottom of it.

The lazy river was good with a really strong current as it was hard to get out of :)

The toilets were disgusting but I did see a notice saying these are in the process of being replaced. The changing rooms weren't laid out very well as I kept getting lost lol! They weren't very clean but there were staff cleaning them most of the time.

Overall we paid £15 for the 3 of us and I think that was a good price for the hour and a half we had in the pool. It was a good day out for the summer holidays and I will definitely be going again!

• Polish first
Andover, United Kingdom
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“good pool, dirty unsuitable changing rooms”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We took our young grandchildren, it was such a disappointment. Although the pool facilities were OK, the changing rooms were filthy, totally unsuitable for changing and dressing small children. The whole area needs a refit, meanwhile the area should be regularly cleaned.

1 Thank familymason
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good Pool / Gym / changing rooms :(”
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I remember when the Rapids was opened to replace the old Romsey swimming pool (now that was bad!!). Unfortunately the design of the changing rooms and there location hasn't aged well. So people walk in from the outside with filthy shoes all through the changing area plus families take their buggies in. There is also no footbath before or after pool. Tip: the communal changing rooms are cleaner; warmer; with a generally dry floor; nearly always empty.
My young daughter loves the pool as it has stuff to do for her age and is all generally shallow. So great for non swimmers.

I also use the gym..I note another writer moaned about this. I have been a member of nearly all the gyms in the area and bearing in mind it is council run it is pretty damn good. New equipment; lots of space; excellent classes with a mass timetable. Admittedly I am on a corporate membership but there are always offers on. Bearing in mind how much you would pay for David Lloyd!

Summary; great pool for little ones; design needs a rethink/revamp/ brilliant gym facilities.

Fareham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Dirty and unhygienic”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visit Romsey Rapids with my husband and 2 children every year and this year is the worst experience I have had. There was mould around the outside of the pool which went all the way around the rapid section, the changings rooms were absolutely filthy. My daughter and I went in the same cubicle to get changed before and after 10 minutes of swimming (which is all I could stand because of the dirty pool) and there was a costa coffee cup on the shelf/seat. The cleaning staff were just walking around talking. The showers have mould on the tiles and the floor was absolutely disgusting. I will not visit again. Very disappointed.

6 Thank Raq434
Southampton, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Dirty”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Took my kid to rapids last week. Everything was fine. Just the changing room. The floor was dirty. The staffs are standing there chatting and in the way instead of cleaning. The shower was near the pool so the shower water and foam was running into the pool.

3 Thank chungy168