“Great for kids”

Romsey Rapids Sports Complex
Ranked #7 of 18 things to do in Romsey
More attraction details
Owner description: Romsey Rapids swimming pool is fun for all the family. With a toddler pirate ship, rapids, flume and more.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stairs / lift
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Visited Romsey Rapids with my 5 year old son this week. We have been here before so knew what to expect. The receptionist was polite and thankfully we were able to go straight in as it was later in the afternoon and so not too busy. The changing facilities are basic but with plenty of cubicles and the whole area was being mopped and cleaned continually. Lockers are locked with a £1 coin but this is refunded after use. The shower cubicles were clean and the water just hot enough so as not to scald younger children. The pool was clean with plenty of Lifeguards on duty. All facilities were operational during our time there. My only slight criticism (actually more of an observation really) is that the pool floor seemed very slippery making it difficult to walk around, particularly when the rapids currents are running. All in all kids love it and the whole facility seems professionally managed. Will definitely return soon. PS. Another plus is free parking for up to 4 hours in the centre car park.

1  Thank Jason Y

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This was the first time I have been to Romsey rapids. I thought the pool was really good, my daughter (5) could stand up in most of the pools which was good, the pirate ship was good for small kids although my daughter did graze her bum going down the slide as there isn't much water at the bottom of it.

The lazy river was good with a really strong current as it was hard to get out of :)

The toilets were disgusting but I did see a notice saying these are in the process of being replaced. The changing rooms weren't laid out very well as I kept getting lost lol! They weren't very clean but there were staff cleaning them most of the time.

Overall we paid £15 for the 3 of us and I think that was a good price for the hour and a half we had in the pool. It was a good day out for the summer holidays and I will definitely be going again!

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We took our young grandchildren, it was such a disappointment. Although the pool facilities were OK, the changing rooms were filthy, totally unsuitable for changing and dressing small children. The whole area needs a refit, meanwhile the area should be regularly cleaned.

1  Thank familymason
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

I remember when the Rapids was opened to replace the old Romsey swimming pool (now that was bad!!). Unfortunately the design of the changing rooms and there location hasn't aged well. So people walk in from the outside with filthy shoes all through the changing area plus families take their buggies in. There is also no footbath before or after pool. Tip: the communal changing rooms are cleaner; warmer; with a generally dry floor; nearly always empty.
My young daughter loves the pool as it has stuff to do for her age and is all generally shallow. So great for non swimmers.

I also use the gym..I note another writer moaned about this. I have been a member of nearly all the gyms in the area and bearing in mind it is council run it is pretty damn good. New equipment; lots of space; excellent classes with a mass timetable. Admittedly I am on a corporate membership but there are always offers on. Bearing in mind how much you would pay for David Lloyd!

Summary; great pool for little ones; design needs a rethink/revamp/ brilliant gym facilities.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

I visit Romsey Rapids with my husband and 2 children every year and this year is the worst experience I have had. There was mould around the outside of the pool which went all the way around the rapid section, the changings rooms were absolutely filthy. My daughter and I went in the same cubicle to get changed before and after 10 minutes of swimming (which is all I could stand because of the dirty pool) and there was a costa coffee cup on the shelf/seat. The cleaning staff were just walking around talking. The showers have mould on the tiles and the floor was absolutely disgusting. I will not visit again. Very disappointed.

7  Thank Raq434