“Great evening”

Natraj Romsey
Ranked #21 of 76 Restaurants in Romsey
Cuisines: Indian, Balti, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Indian Restaurant in Romsey, Hampshire//
Fareham, UK
“Great evening”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

I'll start this review by saying that neither my wife or I are Indian food experts (shame on us). We only ever been to an Indian restaurant four or five times. We went with relative experts i.e. family members, who were volunteered to help out with the menu. The restaurant is very handily placed adjacent to a) a public car park and b) taxi firm. In a nutshell we were shown to our table and drinks orders taken very shortly after we sat down. Cobra and Kingfisher being the beers of choice. The staff are extremely helpful and patient with people like me who are novices. Assistance was willingly given. It did not take long for the food to be served which was plentiful and extremely tasty. We were never at any time rushed to finish our meal and it felt as though we could have stayed all evening. Plenty of time given between courses to enjoy the evening. All in all an extremely good evening and would thoroughly recommend this venue.

• Visited February 2014

Romsey, United Kingdom
“Quality Indian food, quality service”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

We have visited this restaurant many times before and will continue to do so into the future. The choice & quality of the food is excellent and the service is attentive and helpful. On our last visit we didn't book but arrived just after 6pm and managed to slip in before the later rush. Best to book.

• Visited February 2014
“Highly recommend.”
Reviewed 31 January 2014 via mobile

Food was tasty & fresh ingredients. Portions generous, great value for money. Good atmosphere, would recommend to all. Have been several times and never disappointed!

1 Thank WHV1
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Super Evening!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We had a table of 5 and visited Saturday 25th January 2014 at 2000.

From start to finish we had a good experience here.
Our table was ready on our arrival and we had a drinks order taken quite soon after we sat down.
There were plenty of drinks to choose from and Cobra and Kingfisher on tap and also bottles.

We weren't going to have poppodums as we didn't want to fill up before our starters came. We were given complimentary ones however as our starters would be half an hour and the waiter didn't want us to be sat waiting! Very nice thanks and a good idea. Really appreciated and did pass the time.

I had Chicken chat for starter and was almost the size of a main meal! It came with a thin chapati. One gripe would be that there was a bit too much oil on the plate which led to messy fingers - the oil was under the bread and not obvious when I picked ip up. The taste was very good though. I was given some of my partners onion bhaji which was very nice and also crispy on the outside which is to my liking.

The mains came approximately 10 minutes after our starters were cleared.

I shared the Goan Chicken curry and a Makhani with my partner with rice and garlic naan bread. Both were very good and the goan was particularly fragrant and fresh tasting. The dishes were all hot and you could tell that they hadn't been waiting on the pass for long at all.

The service all evening was excellent. When we had an empty glass on the table it was promptly whipped away by one of the waitresses and refill offered.

I have given a 4 and not a 5 rating for the following reasons:

The menu had plenty to choose from but I personally prefer to see more traditional dishes and not vindaloos etc on the menu for many english folk. Not that thats a problem if you enjoy them but just a personal preference.

The restaurant was perhaps a little too bright but was however very clean and modern and perhaps this is what they want to achieve.

I would prefer to give 4.5 though as we had a brilliant night and we will come back to you.

Thanks very much - Definitely worth a try. The menu is on their website to have a look at.

• Visited January 2014
Winchcombe, United Kingdom
“Very Good Indian Food”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

An excellent range of dishes were on offer in this restaurant encompassing the standard offerings but including several dishes which were more unusual. All of them were cooked to a very high standard and service was friendly & attentive (this was on a busy Friday night). If you are only interested in the food & service then I think this deserves a five rating but the ambience is slightly spoilt by the lack of soft furnishings .Don't let this stop you visiting though.

• Visited December 2013