“Relaxed atmosphere good food”
Review of Poppies Cafe

Poppies Cafe
Ranked #39 of 78 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Poppies cafe is family friendly with a menu for all ages. Food available all day. All food is cooked and prepared on site. Poppies Crafts does not require booking, just drop in and get started, either decopatch or painting pottery. Suitable for all ages. Use the website or phone for details about children's parties or work group evenings. Poppies Ice Cream Parlour serves ice cream made in the parlour, Italian gelato style. Last but not least the nursery produces and sells a wide range of plants that are plentiful and wide ranging in the Spring and Summer, as well as compost, sundries and the best range of planters for miles and miles around. Have a look on google maps to see a virtual tour. Thanks
“Relaxed atmosphere good food”
Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Reading some of the reviews, I think people have been a tad harsh. Are we reviewing poppies or the craft centre here????
Poppies - always busy food very consistent nice clean pleasant cafe.
The craft centre - it's very relaxed, the staff don't hassle you and you can sit, relax and do your thing. If you want help, ask and you will receive. It gets very busy and that's because it's very good. You can lose yourself for hours here and spend very little. No one is chasing for your table or watching what you are doing. I say well done to you all. Ice cream shop v good too. Lovely for kids parties too. Nice welcome. Ambience etc and healthy food to accompany the naughty ice creams.

hampshire
“Feel very let down”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My little girl was very excited to come here and do some pottery painting.
if it wasn't for her I would have left the 2 ladies just gave the impression they didn't want to be here I had to go and help myself to things we needed!
We paid left had the phone call to collet my little girls item naturally I thought after paying £13 for a breakable item they would wrap it up but the lady just handed me the item said they had no paper I looked around and said could I use the paper over there yes if you want she replied and just handed me a bag and the item save your money!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank flower66
hampshire
“Good food in lovely surroundings”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Went for breakfast here as our builders said it was good! Friendly speedy service. Generous pot of tea. Good quality food on hot plates and price reasonable at £6.95.

southampton
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

Visited the art and crafts there today and was left feeling terrible. I took my not even 2 year old to do some painting. When we arrived no one else was there, we were asked to choose what we wanted and paint would be brought to us. It was. We weren't asked if wed been there before or wanted any help etc, just left to it. A friend then joined us and no one even acknowledged her. I had to go and ask the staff for a tile and paper and we were told to share the water. After a while my child lost concentration and starting have a usual toddler paddy. I tried to calm her down and she was ok but every now and then had a little moment. The staff just looked at me like fhey my child was causing a huge problem. Whilst we were still painting one member of staff came over and asked if she could take some paints. we said yes to which she pretty much took them all. i felt like we were in the way and annoying everyone and being ushered out. So we quickly finished up and took the little ones off for lunch. We had to go ask how to pay to which we were told go and have lunch and come back later. I felt extremely uncomfortable and won't be returning!

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Hails84
Romsey, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love it, visited time and time again”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Cafe is lovely and airy with friendly staff, can't fault food at all, most things (if not all) on menu come with salad which is ALWAYS fresh -the nicest I've had when eating out, and the coleslaw is delicious! There's a large selection of cakes which I always try to avoid but give into temptation everytime! The victoria sponge is to die for! In the cafe theres books and colouring for children, they also do smaller (and cheaper) meals for children. Toilets are always clean.

I regularly visit the pottery and decopatch room, they do fab baby hand and foot prints onto a huge selection of pottery too. All ages would enjoy painting or decopatch (allow a week to collect pottery -needs to go in kiln). They do childrens craft parties too which always look well organised! Craft room gets busy in school holidays as expected but after school and term time weekdays is a perfect time to go!

• Visited February 2014