“Great team nice atmosphere and fantastic carrot cake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Asante

Asante
Ranked #4 of 9 Coffee & Tea in Romsey
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great team nice atmosphere and fantastic carrot cake!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am a regular for jacket potatoes and the occasional slice of carrot cake, which is the best I've ever tried. Staff friendly, great place to go for a light lunch!

• Visited October 2013

Dunedin, New Zealand
“Best coffee in Hampshire”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

I have struggled with the poor standard of coffee in the UK, having been spoilt by the quality and choice in NZ.
This was a pleasant surprise - the best cappuccino so far in a month of travelling in the UK.
The cookies are also worth a try.
The only downside was how hot the cafe was inside. Fortunately we were able to sit outside, but the temperature must suit many as it was quite full inside.

Visited September 2013
Romsey, United Kingdom
“Great cafe giving profits to charity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2013

Friendly atmosphere with great food staffed by mainly volunteers who try their hardest. So much better than the coffee chains and ethical too !

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ian H
England
“Oh dear!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

Visited this cafe very recently, ordered two drinks, the lady behind the till was in a real flap, it wasn't busy being a Sunday, neither people seemed to know what they were doing, three times I was asked what I wanted, eventually went and sat down after paying to await our order, nearly half an hour later our drinks turned up, and yet two people that walked in had their order, which were just drinks as well, after a couple of minutes of arrival, they don't seem to be very organised, I know its run by volunteers but some training must have taken place as the lady also was very slow putting numbers in the till and was very hesitant, had to laugh as well when I was given a dessert spoon for my regular coffee!!I I live in Romsey and have often passed this place and thought I'd give it a try, maybe I'll go in on a week day and see if it is any better, all in all not very professionally run, more training is needed!! Haven't tried the food yet, I did notice food arriving way after people had placed an order for drinks and food.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank pookie57
“The best cafe in Romsey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

When I first noticed this cafe I was suspicious about its charitable credentials (was it a stealth Costa?) but it really is a charity coffee shop with profits helpling to set up schools in the deprived areas of Kenya where the coffee is produced.
Asante offers a great range of hot and cold drinks, meals, cakes (including gluten free). Ingredients are ethically sourced (Fairtrade etc.) and there are African paintings and crafts on sale.
It is a great place to chill, with a few comfy sofas on offer as part of its seating plan, and there is great service provided by the volunteers. I would say this is definitely the best cafe in Romsey.

3 Thank marzipanwalrus