“An afternoon with friends”

White Horse Romsey Afternoon Tea
Ranked #26 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We loved it here and it was great value. A great relaxing afternoon with sandwiches and lots of cake. We stayed all afternoon and the tea just kept on flowing and there was lots of choice. The homemade lemon curd was delicious

Reviewed 27 December 2013

Last year my family and I had a wonderful cream tea on Christmas Eve so they all wanted to go back this year. Having been shown to our lovely table we had to wait over 15 minutes for a waiter to take our order. After a while our hot drinks arrived, except for the coffee which my son had ordered. Our cream tea followed some time later, still no coffee. This did finally arrive. Unfortunately the entire time we were sat there we had to put up with several children literally running and screaming up and down the corridor next to us... I have no idea who they belonged to as the parents were nowhere to be seen! I have 3 children myself so I am used to children, but found the constant screaming and shouting ruined our experience. The final thing that disappointed me was the abruptness of the man that took the money for our bill. He was quite rude and certainly lacked Christmas cheer.. A disappointing experience.

Reviewed 8 December 2013

We absolutely love the afternoon tea here at Silks. It is £25 for two and we always take a doggie bag home with the cakes that we can't eat.

Great food, great price and great environment. The last time we had afternoon tea we had it in the lounge which is so comfortable .... a bit like home.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

Very posh and old-school in a lovely old lounge. The kind of thing you'd take your Mum to for a birthday treat. The service was excellent and the amount of food ridiculous (unless you're American) but they gave us doggy bags to take away what we couldn't eat.

Reviewed 15 April 2013

I booked as a special treat a cream tea at this Hotel with myself and wife (was on special offer in January). We went on Bank Holiday Monday in April , you can book on line see :
Capital Leisure Limited T/A Silks Hotels, The White Horse, Market Place, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 8ZJ, t 01794 512431 f 01794 517485 http://www.thewhitehorseromsey.co.uk
Able to have a standard restaurant style setting or use a lounge with comfortable seating and low tables. We chose the latter, made very welcome and shown table, menu provide, many teas to make a choice from or coffee etc. . Cream tea meal provide was superb good choice of sandwiches, scones , jam, cream, plus a good assortment of various cakes .
A very well done to all staff, very happy with service provided and spent a considerable time enjoying the time in fact could not finish to we asked if we would like to take remainder as a doggy bag .. Note we visited only were not staying at hotel.

1  Thank Paul H