“One of the best”

Ranked #26 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was one of the best afternoon teas I've had, there was lots of it too. The cakes were scrummy and nice sandwiches too. I like the way they use vintage tea cups and plates.

2  Thank Julia C

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

We attended a wedding at the White Horse so decided to stop over for two nights. We ate in on the first night which was a good choice. The portions were just right, you could enjoy a three course meal without feeling stuffed! The quality and presentation of the food was very very good. The staff were excellent. Breakfast was equally well presented albeit I've had fuller full English breakfasts, but with coffee and toast refills on tap neither of us went hungry.

The wedding venue was ideal, plenty of space, great finger buffet and good choices of wine. Plus the bar for fancy cocktails. Couldn't find any faults.

Our room, 101, was spacious, clean and well appointed. Bathroom was huge! And as Romsey is a quite market town being at the front of the hotel wasn't a problem. Bed was comfortable; again nothing to fault. One word of caution the few steps down to the bathroom were very narrow.

Overall given the age of the original building everything is in excellent order but if you're unsteady on your feet mind the old staircase!

Whether staying or thinking of having your wedding there or both you can't go far wrong if our experience is anything to go by.

Enjoy, we did!

1  Thank ColandPip
Reviewed 18 April 2014

just had afternoon tea here and it was fabulous, the cakes were excellent and before we started the waiter advised we could have a doggy bag for anything we didn't manage, wow so many cakes and so lovely. lots of choice in regards to teas, staff were attentive and friendly, lovely room albeit a tad dark but oh so relaxing and had a real charm will definitely visit again as it beat Rhinefield house big time and I would say more relaxing than the ritz

2  Thank Val B
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Took my friend for a Birthday treat, and the afternoon tea itself and the staff and service were wonderful. However I was disappointed we were shown to an empty dark lounge where we sat on our own until one other couple eventually came in. Whilst I appreciate they can't help the number of people there, when we came to pay the bill I had to go into the bar, which was bright and full of people, and I would have liked the option to have had our tea in there. Perhaps this is something that could be offered, especially if the lounge is likely to be empty? I realise some people would prefer a dark silent room, albeit very characterful, but I would have liked the option of a more lively atmosphere.

1  Thank Diane S
Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

Lovely afternoon tea, especially the wide range of teas. Great customer service as well. Comfortable, old world coaching house ambience.