“Very good Thai restaurant”

The Suan Thai Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$8 - US$40
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: In the heart of Romsey, the Suan Thai restaurant has been serving authentic Thai cuisine since 1997. Choose from a wide selection of original dishes, prepared by our award-winning chef and served with traditional Thai hospitality. We endeavor to make your dining experience with us one to remember, we don’t implement double sittings, you can stay and will want to all night. If you are celebrating a special occasion let us know (we have been known to embarrass the odd person celebrating a birthday). If you have any special dietary requirements please let us know at the time of booking and we will do our best to accommodate them.
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We ate here twice during our 4 night stay in May 2014. We're early eaters, so we had no problem getting a table without a booking, even on Saturday night. (Though we would recommend booking on a Saturday.) The service was excellent, very friendly & efficient. The food was tasty (loved the red curry) & well presented. Also very reasonably priced.

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your visits to the restaurant and that the evenings met your expectations. As you mentioned at the weekends we do recommend making a reservation as we do get booked up very quickly. I will pass your compliments on to the staff and we hope to see you again the next time you visit the area.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

My sister and I ate here on a Thursday evening - it wasn't busy but still a nice atmosphere. The 2 waitresses were really friendly and didn't rush us to order. We had the Suan Thai cocktail which is to be recommended - my sister doesn't normally drink cocktails and she loved it!.. Be warned the portions are huge! We had 2 starters but should have shared. Everything tasted so fresh and served on piping hot plates. Couldn't manage a dessert much to our waitresses disappointment! Very reasonably priced.

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant and that the food, service and cocktails were to your liking. I will pass the compliments onto the staff in question and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

The food here is out of this world!!! I love thai food and have been to a few restaurants but this is by far the best! The food was fresh and tasted fantastic, service was fast and the waitress was presented nicley and very pleasant. can't wait to go again.

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Thank you for your review and I am glad that you enjoyed your visit. We continuously try to offer the best Thai cuisine using the freshest ingredients available to us and I am glad that showed. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Very impressed with my recent visit to the Suan Thai. The food was excellent. It was tasty and well presented.. The attention to detail on everything from the menu and the decor and the servers outfits makes it a special atmosphere. They are happy to adjust dishes to add or remove heat depending on your preference. Although the restaurant was full, and there was a constant stream of take always being collected, the service was impeccable. Although I'm not a Thai food expert friends said it compared very favourably with other Thai restaurants they had eaten at.
We had two courses with wine and cocktails and it was very reasonably priced.
Chinese food has become very samey - deep fried and tasteless and this made a freshly cooked welcome change to that I am a convert.

Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant and your praise will be passed onto the staff. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We ordered takeaway on Saturday (crab cakes, yellow seafood curry & chicken panang gai), both dishes were seriously tasty! Ingredients tasted really fresh and both curries were well balanced with lots of flavour; we've eaten here 4 or 5 times now and each time has been consistently good. The staff are also very helpful and friendly, and will help to recommend a dish if you're unsure or indecisive! (Staff seem to know the menu very well, which helps). The restaurant has a really relaxed atmosphere, would definitely recommend to eat in or take away, please keep up the good work!

1  Thank madein1984
Suan_Thai, Owner at The Suan Thai Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your recent take-away from the restaurant and that you continue to revisit us. Your comments with regards to the food has been passed onto the chef and I will pass the praise onto the staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon.