“Family meal”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 February 2014

We recently had a family meal at the restaurant, we had a very good evening, the food was very good and staff very friendly and helpful one waiter was very funny we would visit again.

There are newer reviews for The Mandarin Chef

Reviewed 3 January 2014

My wife and I and a relative went there on New Year's evening and find the place nice and warm by the window.
The proprieter and staffs were friendly and checked our tea pot regularly.
The food was served hot after the usual wait as the food was cooked by order.
After trying a few starters, we were nearly full. However, what followed was good. My favourite white wine was nicely chilled. The menu has a large choice and I am sure it will suit most people.
When I talked to the proprietor about access by less abled or disabled people, I was informed that the back door was suitable if he was warned before-hand, fair enough.
Large car park in the front.
I cannot think of any negative points. I shall definitely visit again.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I went with my family on New Year's Eve. On the evening they were doing the buffet meal, which was fine but....

The food is tasteless. I have read the other reviews and I can only guess the people who put the Mandarin chef as excellent have not tasted good quality Chinese food. The service was horrific. We had to constantly remind the waiter to bring specific dishes. Towards the end of the meal the waiter drooped a saucer of sauce over my daughter, although this was an accident the apology was a reluctant one. They also over charged us for the meal as they forgot to charge the children's price for my two kids.

If you want a good Chinese look else where as it's poor quality.

2  Thank saintsUK
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Its been a long time since I have experienced such a welcome from staff and Management of a restaurant. We went for the Sunday Buffet. The food was beautifully prepared, lots of it, served piping hot from a very extensive menu! The Service was wonderful, and every help was given to make our experience a wonderful and pleasant one!

I will definitely be eating there again and more frequently in the future. Just as a suggestion and not a criticism- It would have been great if the Mandarin Chef had a ramp for the disabled! On a wet day like yesterday we did find access difficult and we were not elderly either!

4  Thank Avideater23
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Went here for sunday buffet lunch. 2 . People 3 drinks for thirty pound! Menu choice more limited then others but quality over quantity wins. Service was excellent topping up drinks opening doors. Decor is tad dated and bit cold inside. Will be back

1  Thank EnglishAdam