“Jewel in the Crown of Romsey!”
Review of Purbani Restaurant

Purbani Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 76 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$23 - US$30
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Purbani, The Romsey Tandoori At the Romsey Purbani we have been serving our customers for over 27 years. This award-winning Indian restaurant on Bell Street, in the heart of the ancient and Indian Food in Romsey prosperous market town of Romsey, continues to be an icon of Indian cuisine and excellent dinning in the town and throughout the county. Excellent Indian Cuisine in Romsey Our head chef and his team provide a classic combination of expert knowledge, unique culinary experience and traditional values that combine to provide the best of Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. The Romsey Purbani offers an excellent dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, friendly service and tantalising food that few can compete with. Ths is the combination that has ensured our clientele have returned to us again and again.
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Jewel in the Crown of Romsey!”
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Compared to most of my other reviews on this site, I'm going to keep this pretty short....go eat there!

My family have been regulars here for over 15 years and we always have a bit of a giggle as they know us because I always ask for no coriander!

Lovely chaps that run the restaurant and you always get a free lager when you pick up the takeaway. The refurb has gone well too although the waiting area is interesting when it gets busy!

Yeah sure, the spice etc can vary from chef to chef but having travelled parts of India, the flavours and textures you get here are truly authentic, good value for money and I have yet to find anywhere in the UK better! (Well apart from The Cinnamon Club!!)

If you want good, honest food it's a must try!

• Visited August 2013

Southampton, United Kingdom
“The tastiest Indian food in Hampshire”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

27 years and still going strong ! This is a popular regular with many people and does an excellent take-out trade

Visited August 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great curry”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Recently moved to Romsey, and as Indian food is my favourite was looking forward to checking out the local restaurants & takeaways. Purbani had been recommended by a few people so was the first we have tried. Possibly the last, as it was so good I'm not sure I'll need to try the others.

Been eating curry all my life, and have even been fortunate to try Indian food all around the world including Delhi, Mumbai and Goa. This was as good as any I've tried and was exactly what I wanted from my local. Good, honest "English" style Indian takeaway, not too oily, just flavoursome quality dishes. Tried the chicken tikka masala, lamb jalfrezi , peshawari naan and special rice, can recommend highly. Can't wait to get back and try more dishes.

Had takeaway so can't comment on the restaurant experience, but staff were very friendly and offered a complimentary beer while I was waiting. First class!

• Visited July 2013
Romsey, UK
“Not recommended”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I picked up a takeaway for 4 people, and had to wait in total for an hour whilst other people who ordered at the desk got theirs before me. one nan bread was burnt, another cold. The chicken in my dish was overcooked. Oh dear.

• Visited September 2012
“Best curry I have ever had and I've had a few!”
Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

Can particularly recommend the vindaloo, fiery but with a depth of flavour not normally found. Staff are excellent.

• Visited July 2013