“BEST INDIAN CUISINE IN ROMSEY”
Review of Purbani Restaurant

Purbani Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 79 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$25 - US$32
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purbani, The Romsey Tandoori At the Romsey Purbani we have been serving our customers for over 27 years. This award-winning Indian restaurant on Bell Street, in the heart of the ancient and Indian Food in Romsey prosperous market town of Romsey, continues to be an icon of Indian cuisine and excellent dinning in the town and throughout the county. Excellent Indian Cuisine in Romsey Our head chef and his team provide a classic combination of expert knowledge, unique culinary experience and traditional values that combine to provide the best of Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. The Romsey Purbani offers an excellent dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, friendly service and tantalising food that few can compete with. Ths is the combination that has ensured our clientele have returned to us again and again.
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Have tried other Indian Restaurants in Romsey but always end up back at the Purbani. Best food and atmosphere of them all - for both couples or families. You cannot go wrong eating here.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

I have been here several times since I moved to Romsey and it is fantastic. Great food, friendly service and also great for takeaway as well. Look no further if you want Indian food in Romsey.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

The Purbani in Romsey is simply the best Indian restaurant in Romsey and indeed my favourite anywhere. I've been coming here for years and every time your made to feel just as welcome,it's almost like going to have a meal with family as all the staff there are so friendly,they make a point of getting to know who you are so on a return visit you're welcomed by name,a lovely touch. Having never really been a curry person or indeed 'hot' food I first visited with trepidation,however after I needn't of worried as after informing them of my allergic ness to coconut they suggested a dish that I would enjoy without fear of 'blowing my head off!' I DID thoroughly enjoy it,so much so that many years later it still is my dish of choice and now is affectionately known by all the staff as 'Macca's green curry!!' No need to ever ask what I want anymore,it just arrives!! In short the food is beautiful,having taken friends there that are far more curry connoisseurs than i am everyone have commented on how that was one of if not the best Indian meals they've ever had,high praise indeed. The surroundings are beautifully decorated,especially after a recent refurbishment,and last but not least,in fact possibly the most is the staff,i defy you not to love these guys,so,so friendly they are absolutely fantastic!Don't take my word for it though,get yourself down there and enjoy it for yourself.....

2  Thank Bigmacca73
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Wow Purbani was busy - was just buzzing .... We've been here numerous times and its always good so we were pleased to see them being so popular even during hard times.

Very wide range off the menu...some special dishes need 24hrs notice...but we often go for a pre configured meal for "x" people and have never been let down.

Staff are friendly - the boss keeps a close eye on service and always finds time to chat.

Family chain - Botley, Romsey, Stockbridge. Been around for 20+ years.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

Really good food, attentive waiters and pleasant surroundings with easy parking in the centre of Romsey. The free sambouka at the end made suree I left with a smile on my face. Happy with price too.