“Lack of costumer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Purbani Restaurant

Purbani Restaurant
Ranked #39 of 74 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$23 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Purbani, The Romsey Tandoori At the Romsey Purbani we have been serving our customers for over 27 years. This award-winning Indian restaurant on Bell Street, in the heart of the ancient and Indian Food in Romsey prosperous market town of Romsey, continues to be an icon of Indian cuisine and excellent dinning in the town and throughout the county. Excellent Indian Cuisine in Romsey Our head chef and his team provide a classic combination of expert knowledge, unique culinary experience and traditional values that combine to provide the best of Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. The Romsey Purbani offers an excellent dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, friendly service and tantalising food that few can compete with. Ths is the combination that has ensured our clientele have returned to us again and again.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lack of costumer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014 via mobile

I went on a Sunday for lunch with friends. We arrived at 1:10pm. The waiter welcomed us with: kitchen closes at 2pm and he offered us just the closed menu. We wanted at least to see the a la carte menu because the lack of options of the other. The waiter finally gave it to us, but his negative attitude made us to leave to find another restaurant. It was clear to us that he did not want to serve us.

1 Thank David G

“Was a fun night even though it was very busy!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

As we arrived Iv noticed that the restaurant has changed and we now entered through the front.
Looks like on arrival it is all newly refurbished and looks lovely. Although I did like the old traditional design this new refurbishment looked very well presented.
My wife and I went to the restaurant on a busy Friday night and worried we were not going to get a table seeing as we did book.
We had to wait 15/20 mins while our table was getting ready where we looked through the menu.
Luckily we got a seat into one of their lovely booths and I must say the food was up to the normal great standard which is why I always return and service was good.
I would of scored 5 however due to it being so busy the service lacked a slight bit understandably going to rate it 4!
I will be returning however!!

2 Thank Samispeed
Winchester, United Kingdom
“TOTALLY confused by other reviews!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

My boyfriend and I visited the Purbani by sheer coincidence whilst walking to the Three Tuns, once inside we were bustled into the back room, where we were crammed between two other couples with are tables literally touching! We chose to be the slightest bit healthier choice by skipping starters and sharing a curry and various accompaniments, which seemed to greatly displease are waiter.. We chose to ignore and awaited are food. We received the meal, which did most certainly NOT resemble the creamy pasanda we had ordered... More of a tikka if you ask me! (And I know my curries... Am a bit of a curry fiend!). So once again, they cleared up and thrust a dessert menu in front of my boyfriend, which contained the tackiest desserts imaginable, we chose nothing and asked for the bill, once AGAIN annoying our waiter, went to pay and saw that we were paying just under £10 for a single curry containing about 8 minuscule lumps of chicken! Are bill came to £26 and we were left so unsatisfied that we had toast when we arrived home! I rated the restaurant a 3 for atmosphere which was due to how hilarious the waiters were when trying to workout where food and drinks were going to and their poor communicational skills, even whilst one wore a headpiece and shouted through it constantly! This review is long and thorough because I am simply disgusted that we eat out so often and receive fabulous food and service for such reasonable prices that when you pay more you expect to experience something phenomenal. A clear lack in team work, due to the people in charge believing they are in some way superior to the main waiters. Most certainly shan't be returning anytime soon!

• Visited February 2014
Hampshire, United Kingdom
“Quality meal, if a little slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2013 via mobile

We were the first diners at 6pm. The starter came promptly but it took until 6.45 for the main courses to arrive. Just a small moan which should be put in context. The meals were very tasty and filling and we will definitely return.

Romsey, United Kingdom
“BEST INDIAN CUISINE IN ROMSEY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Have tried other Indian Restaurants in Romsey but always end up back at the Purbani. Best food and atmosphere of them all - for both couples or families. You cannot go wrong eating here.

Visited September 2013