“Best you can get!”

Ranked #41 of 77 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$23 - US$29
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Purbani, The Romsey Tandoori At the Romsey Purbani we have been serving our customers for over 27 years. This award-winning Indian restaurant on Bell Street, in the heart of the ancient and Indian Food in Romsey prosperous market town of Romsey, continues to be an icon of Indian cuisine and excellent dinning in the town and throughout the county. Excellent Indian Cuisine in Romsey Our head chef and his team provide a classic combination of expert knowledge, unique culinary experience and traditional values that combine to provide the best of Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine. The Romsey Purbani offers an excellent dining experience with effortlessly charming staff, friendly service and tantalising food that few can compete with. Ths is the combination that has ensured our clientele have returned to us again and again.
“Best you can get!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Another lovely meal, brilliant service. Couldn't ask for more :) loving the new layout and look! Such a great restaurant

• Visited July 2014

Romsey, United Kingdom
“Survived the test of time”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Been using the Romsey Purbani for many years.
Keep trying other similar restaurants in the area but they never live up to the range/quality/and service we get at the Purbani.
Consistently excellent...can't see why we would want to try anywhere else in future !!
Bangladeshi not Indian but superb food nevertheless.

Eastleigh, United Kingdom
“Always Return”
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I, with my Daughter and Son visited the Purbani on April 11th. We were celebrating the fact that our Father was recovering well from an operation.
We each had a different meal. My son, who is vegetarian, ordered a particular dish which was supposed to be mild, but turned out to be quite hot. This was not a problem for the very friendly staff who brought him a replacement and apologized profusely. We had a little plate of 4 small onion bhajis, so kept one for our Dad to take to hospital the next day. We asked for a box to put it in. Upon arriving home we found that the chef had put 4 fresh ones in the box.
Our Dad enjoyed one the next day. He didn't have much of an appetite, but ate that!
We were very impressed at how kind and friendly the staff were.Thank you to them.
Will be back.

3 Thank romababy2010
“One of the best”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I live in southampton and normally only go to the local indian or bangladeshi restaurants. One of my friend recently recommended me to try Purbani Romsey. I went with my family and we all really loved it. The atmosphere was great, staff was very friendly and polite. The food was excellent and particularly being from an indian background it reminded me of back home. It was a true taste of india. I highly recommend this place to anyone from any background. Will definitely go back there again.

2 Thank Deepak S
Southampton, United Kingdom
“simply the best”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Myself and my family have been using this restaurant for more than 20 years , the standard has never fallen , and is always superb . The staff and service are second to none and quite simply the best .
I can thoroughly recommend a visit to Purbanis , everything that is good about Indian cuisine can be found there .

Eating in or take away , it really is the best Indian in the area without doubt.

2 Thank Graham T