“Never again!”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never again!”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We were hoping for some nice homely pub food. Instead I wished I had got fast food, it would've been much better!
So disappointing. The bread and balsamic oil dip (starter) was a pathetic couple of slices of a regular white loaf. They could've improved it by at least swapping for cibatta! The whitebait was the tiniest portion I have ever seen (8) and looked pathetic on the plate with a handful of salad leaves (straight out of the bag!).
My 14 year daughter could have done better! It seemed like no effort was put into cooking the food and the chef did not take any pride in what he sent out!
Never again!!

• Visited May 2014
Paul C, General Manager at Luzborough House, responded to this review, 17 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. I sincerely apologise that the food you received on your visit was not up to the high standards we are aiming for. We are continually training and working with the kitchen team to ensure that we deliver quality food to all of our guests. We thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver so we can strive to improve.

“Soggy Ciabatta”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Popped into the luzborough on a Saturday afternoon 3 weeks ago for a light lunch. I'd not been in for a number of years & living locally thought it was time I went back........ Wish I hadn't!! I set up a tab as expected to be there for a couple of hours. I ordered a pint & a half of lager, I ordered a chicken & bacon wrap & my partner ordered a pulled pork Ciabatta. I had to return my partners 'half pint' immediately as it just didn't taste right. The girl behind the bar was happy to replace it, but before she could, the bar manager, stepped in, & asked to taste it, making me feel uncomfortable straight away. I don't like to complain so the last thing you need when you do, is to feel like your being questioned! He agreed that it should be changed & instructed the girl to continue to do what she would have anyway!

When out food came out, my wrap was fine, but my partner received a soggy ciabatta, it was wet on both sides. When she opened it, we thought it had tuna in it as the pulled pork was also wet. This straight away, ruined our lunch, as my partner didn't want to eat it or get it changed & I of course couldn't eat mine if she wasn't eating hers!! I took the ciabatta to the bar to return it advising the bar manager (that had tasted our beer) that it was soggy. His immediate response was that its meant to be warm, again challenging my point of view. I agreed that ciabbatta's are surved warm but that they still remain crispy. THE ROLL HAD CLEARLY JUST BEEN DEFROSTED! They agreed to bring out a new one but I requested a wrap instead. My partner & I shared my food whilst we waited for a new wrap to arrive. It did arrive, but again the pulled pork was a moist mixture & really did not taste good.

Upon paying & settling my tab, I was asked how it all went by the same bar manager, I explained I was not happy with the food or service to which he replied.....'Im sorry about that' which was followed by an awkward silence as I was waiting for a follow up of maybe an offer of discount etc......but nothing followed, except for him taking my payment in full for what was poor food, drink & an uncomfortable dining experience for me & my partner.

As this is a big pub, it really seemed that the staff did not care about the lunch time period at all & I was just another number.....

Wont be going back.

• Visited April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. We are continually training and recruiting and working towards giving better service to all of our guests. I apologise that the food and service you received on your visit was not up to the high standard we are aiming for. We thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver so we can strive to improve.
“Great service, good value”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

We had reserved a table and everything was ready when we arrived. The staff were helpful and friendly. The choice of food was good and it tasted great. Drinks were ordered from the table and brought to you. Overall, it was a very pleasant experience.

Tim G, Guest Relations Manager at Luzborough House, responded to this review, 1 July 2016
Southampton, United Kingdom
“sunday roast your having a laugh”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stopped off for a meal after st georges day parade with the family .After waiting nearly 45 mins between starter and main meals all I can say we were served food not fit for a dog .Fresh vegetables were packet standard, crispy roast potatoes were soggy and full of fat .Succulent chicken breast burger had fatty skin hanging off and was as dry as the Sahara .Kids chicken nuggets with chips and salad was actually kids chicken nuggets and lettuce leaves .Will we go back ............I think not

“Great value”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Visited with eight friends, the food all came out at the same time,the set menu is excellent value,the staff were great and we had a nice evening , dont forget to print your £5 discount voucher off their web site.