“dissapointed”

Luzborough House
Ranked #19 of 74 Restaurants in Romsey
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Whist visiting friend, they suggested that we pop in this lovely pub for a Sunday roast. To say the least the food was lacking on the plate. What there was I have to say was tasty. However it left my stomach empty. No, I do not want a plate overflowing with food but I do want a meal that will satisfy my hunger. The meat was pittyfull and I needs magnifyng glass to find it we decided to order a desert as we were still hungry. Apple pie and icecream.mmm. Apple pie.lovely. ice cream. Not even a teaspoon full. I also swoped my husbands for a toffee ice cream at an extra cost of 79p. What a cheek. Did I complain. No. Why. I would not have attended my friends for the world. Will I go again. Not likely.

• Visited July 2014
Paul C, General Manager at Luzborough House, responded to this review, 17 October 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent visit. We appreciate all feedback in which ever form it takes as we truly believe this is the only way of improving what we do. I sincerely apologise that the food you received on your visit was not up to the high standards we are aiming for. We are continually training and working with the kitchen team to ensure that we deliver quality food to all of our guests. We thank you for taking time to tell us we did not deliver as we truly want to provide the great service you would expect.

South Petherton, United Kingdom
“Great Find for Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Found this pub by accident whilst looking for somewhere for lunch. Its one of the "Old English Inns" and one of the best we have visited. Excellent staff, excellent food, lovely garden. The car park is very big hence I assume it gets very busy but the day we were there it was quiet. Recommended.

2 Thank adrian b
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. It’s really lovely to know that you enjoyed your experience. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lunch and a pint”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Popped in for a spot of lunch and a pint. Had two sandwiches which were really tasty and well presented. Service was really quick and staff very friendly. Will definately be back. Pub was busy with lots of people in and out but plenty of choice of tables and kitchen were very quick with my order.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We are really pleased to read that you had an enjoyable time. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
“The pub was well kept tidy and clean and the atmosphere was brill”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Walked in and got a big hello from a chef at first the the bar staff ordered our food came out on time food was great and great value bar staff new what they were on about and i asked a chef what he would have of the menu his name was ben very helpful and the meal he chosen for us was fantastic of the special menu all round very good pub and fab staff

• Visited June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your visit. We are happy to hear that you enjoy your visit; it’s great to hear positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Poole, United Kingdom
“Acceptable Chain Pub”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

3 of us visited for lunch. Nice and spacious inside, well organized ordering process, plenty of pleasant staff and good value food. What more do you want from a large edge of town pub like this.

Visited June 2014