“Great food, good value”

Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
“Great food, good value”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

The Three Cups is a beautiful old inn with a tasteful modern extension at the back overlooking a nice garden. We had a very good dinner and were happy with the moderate bill. Thoroughly recommended.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank mbambrick

Lincolnshire
“Good lunch on an extremely wet Friday”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Our group of eight met up on the way to a large family gathering in Salisbury and enjoyed lunch of soups and sandwiches - some even managed soup sandwiches and pudding. The garden looked lovely - but torrential rain prevented us from venturing out!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank TravellingLincs
London, United Kingdom
“Note to management, tip to staff”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Good setting with a garden by one of the Test rivulets which run through Stockbridge. Food was OK and pretty much as expected, but I had not anticipated being served by children who had obviously had no training whatsoever. There were no grown ups in sight otherwise I would have complained. All the staff seemed to be very inexperienced and orders were wrong, plates were passed across between us and when the table was being cleared the "waiter" stood between two other guests and gestured across the table for me to hand him my plate between them, He didn't quite click his fingers, but would have if his hands had been empty. I'm happy with friendly relaxed service but at Hampshire prices, this simply is not good enough, there are better places. I will not be back.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Johngpsysmith
“nearly but not quite”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

lovely setting and great menu but unfortunately the restaurant had one of those nights and it was the 13th of the month.
Wrong drinks followed by wrong starters etc. I had most of my main course while my friend waited for his at which point my side dishes came way after i had finished.
That said the food was very good indeed. Might have been a one off but I suspect I will not risk finding out as every table seemed to be having the same trouble.

• Visited May 2014
London
“Good food, but not very child friendly”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Took my two daughters for lunch. I had an excellent fish and chips. My daughters wanted sandwiches. I asked if they would do a smaller childrens sandwich. Surely easy when everything is freshly prepared. But no. Full sandwich at full price. For 3 and 5 year olds. Poor. Shame as the summer room / conservatory at the back is a lovely bright room and everything else worked well

• Visited April 2014