“Lovely meal”

Ranked #4 of 9 Stockbridge B&B and Inns
Winchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Went to the three cups for my husband's birthday. Really nice pub, cosy feel ,great atmosphere. Some of the other reviews have criticised the service but we had no problems with the young but very friendly waiting staff. Complimentary bread offered and water. They have a smallish menu , but the food was really good quality and value. Only disappointed by the fact we were too full up to try the cheese and biscuits. We will definitely be visiting again .

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank didnotattend

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Upon entering the inn I was greeted by a very nice chap called Jack who dealt with my arrival admirably. The room was very quaint and it had everything you would require; fresh milk, a cafetiere with fresh coffee, and lots of shower goodies.
Had a meal in the restaurant which was wonderful and was complemented by some good beers.
The bedroom was wonderfully quiet, so a good nights sleep was had.
The question was could this continue at breakfast. I wasn't disappointed. The whole breakfast experience was excellent. One of the best breakfasts I have ever had.
All of this for £60. (not the evening meal) A bargain and I recommend this inn to everyone.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Mullion, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The pub is outstanding, the food is great and the atmosphere is very friendly. It was a very relaxed and enjoyable do and I will be returning to this pub at the earliest opportunity to try moor of the gorgeous food (and beer).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I've visited this inn a few times, usually just passing through and a convenient stop off point. This year I decided to stop over for the night.

My welcome from lucy was warm and helpful offering me assistance with my luggage and showing me to a lovely, well decorated and well appointed room.

The front of house staff (including Lucy's mother - a true family business) were wonderfully and refreshingly polite and appropriately attentive. Thank you all for a wonderful couple of meals and a great nights sleep.

My only two suggestions for improvement would be to consider installing a door at the foot of the stairs to the accommodation, or improved extractors in the kitchen as the greasy smell of the fryer tends to waft upwards.

My other suggestion is directed toward the chef. Perhaps in future if you receive a compliment on your culinary skills, a polite thank you is better than a "of course it is I cooked it" response.

Otherwise a great stopover and heartedly recommended.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Poor lunch at the 3 Cups in Stockbridge. Waited a long time for food to arrive and then 2 of our 3 dishes went to wrong table. Bread was given while we waited which was nice of them but wasn't fresh. Burger dish poor with re-heated chips and dreadful salad that was dried out and probably a few days old. Duck egg dish ok but nothing special. Way over priced for poor quality food. Staff good as they took the 2 dishes off the bill but suggest you go elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Awhe

Travellers are raving about these Stockbridge hotels

Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

This is such a lovely cosy place and the atmosphere is great. We had a fantastic meal here while staying in Stockbridge. I had the venison loin and my partner had the Three cups burger with hand cut chips. Both meals were excellent and presentation was great. I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Stockbridge, the menu was varied and interesting.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank twigs_11
Monte-Carlo, Monaco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was recommended to stay at the Three Cups by friends who I was meeting for a dinner in Stockbridge. I was made to feel very welcome when checking in and helped with luggage from the car. It was at that point I realised I had left my bag behind! Paul the landlord came to the rescue and loaned me everything I needed for the next day, really going out of his way to help. Dinner was superb and my steak was delicious. The wine list is very good and decent value. I stayed the night and the room was clean and well equipped albeit a little small and quite noisy being on the main stairwell. Breakfast was excellent as well. Overall a really excellent little country pub with first class food and service. Really good place.

Room Tip: Room 4 a bit small and noisy.